cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HerbertH
Message 11 of 14

Re: New email login page scam advert - Beware.

This is a vicious scam, which has seen many people robbed, and in some cases left overdrawn. I saw no indication at all that this was a limited time offer, or that there would be a DD set up. Is there a UK address? If there is then the trading standards need to visit urgently. In the meantime 'If it seems too good to be true etc etc' It's the last time I order any special offers again - ever! Better to miss an opportunity than to be rooked.

Highlighted
Seraph
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Old news.

There are loads of these sites. Technically it is known as "Negative Option Billing".

Took seconds to find one   http://aloeveracleanse.com/

N.O.B is outlawed in some parts of the world - notably in Canada. Shame UK government don't do the same.

gaildavies
Message 13 of 14

I have a brain injury and thought it would be a pick me up to use these products. As such I dont always check my bank statement as I should ... these **bleep** took £850 from my bank account!!!

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 14

@gaildavies wrote:

I have a brain injury and thought it would be a pick me up to use these products. As such I dont always check my bank statement as I should ... these **bleep** took £850 from my bank account!!!

There's a few nasty ones at the moment, asking for login details.

The current buzzword or keyword is ALERT.... folowed by "we have blocked access" to this, that or the other.