cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New property

Go to solution

I moved into a new house 6 weeks ago. It has an open reach fibre box which shows 2 green lights. However my address doesn't show on BTs drop down list for my postcode.  It seems to be the only house in the road that's not there. I have spent 5 hours in the phone and written various emails but I'm getting no where. I don't want a landline particularly but I need broadband. When I've seen open reach engineers on site they have said there is no reason I can't get broadband. I'm getting no where. There has been talk about it being a silver address but I'm not sure what I can do to move this on.

Any assistance greatly appreciated, it's getting really difficult without broadband now!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New property

Go to solution

@IzzyQ 

Although you have no need of a phone, you may have to order one to start with, as that will enable Openreach to determine the routing.

Place an order for a line only using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address. That should trigger the order process and update the Openreach database.

Once there is an order on the system, then give the FTTP helpdesk a call on 0800 587 4787, and they should be able to help you with the FTTP connection. They will not be able to help unless there is an order, but you could always give them a call.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I would just phone THE FTTP TEAM on number posted and they should be able to help   you still need to pay line rental but you can have your broadband without the ability to make or receive calls probably cost the same  have serial number from ONT when you phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for this, I was hoping to be able to do it without the landline but tbh, I just need to move it on now. Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@IzzyQ wrote:
Thanks for this, I was hoping to be able to do it without the landline but tbh, I just need to move it on now. Thank you

You will not have to actually take the phone connection, as its optional as it would be provided using BT Digital Voice which needs the FTTP path. 

0 Ratings