cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

No slots in DP box

Go to solution

Hello,

I have recently moved to a new address and have ordered a sky broadband. The engineer has come and told that I cannot be provided with internet as the slots in the DP box are all used and now down to openreach to add more slots/DP box. Can anyone help me with what should I be doing next as I am unable to get a broadband installed now.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: No slots in DP box

Go to solution
are there any non openreach providers in your area, as waiting for openreach to upgrade your area could take a while.
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@Prakz3055 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Its Openreach not BT Retail that provide the connectivity. Openreach are not increasing FTTC capacity any more.

As a Sky customer, please post on the Sky User Forum for advice.

https://helpforum.sky.com/

Thanks

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hello @Madpeter,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately there are no other service providers in my area.

4G Broadband can be an option but I don't know how much reliable it can be in contrast to broadband. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hello @Keith_Beddoe,

Thanks for your response.

I have been advised by the SKY team that they cannot do anything in this case and expecting openreach to sort out the issue.

I am really stuck now and I couldn't imagine a scenario without broadband as I need it to work from home.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Prakz3055 

Openreach are only providing new full fibre connections.

The advice given to BT Retail customers, is to keep checking to see if a port becomes available, due to someone moving house, or moving provider. That will release a port for the next customer who places an order.

In your case, mobile broadband may be the only option at the moment.

You will probably find similar posts on the Sky forum.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

It would seem odd for Sky (or anyone) to accept an order when there's no provision, even odder to get to a stage where an engineer is scheduled. What does the availability checker show? Post a screen shot with the number/address removed. JPG is usually within the forums file size limits.

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe

JJust a couple of questions.

Is there a way to know if a port is free or is going to be free for an end customer like me?

Does this mean that the building developer has opted for lesser ports than that are actually required(if the building occupancy is full)?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I have no idea, as that would be down to Openreach. I am just a BT Retail customer.

If you post the information that @rbz5416  has asked for, that may give some idea, as it will show connectivity options for you address. I am surprised nobody on the Sky forum as asked you to post that information.

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

All questions really for the company you want to use ( Sky ) .
You don’t say what type of service, so assuming it’s FTTC ( fibre to the cabinet ) if the cabinet is at capacity ( no spare ports ) all you ( and Sky ) can do is keep checking and hope that someone currently on FTTC gives that service up and your provider gets an  order for you in quickly , to get it allocated to themselves otherwise another customer ‘waiting’ may snap it up before you/Sky .

If it is FTTC ( and not FTTP ) then the developer of your building has no input into how many FTTC ports Openreach provide FTTC won’t just be your building , but hundreds of neighbouring dwellings that the ‘cabinet’ could service,

OR use their own methods to calculate the appropriate size of FTTC   , but with FTTP being the future , OR are not likely to spend £K’s fitting new FTTC equipment when it could be redundant in a few years , so if the cabinet stays ‘waiting list’ that’s probably just the way it is .