Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

OK....TELL ME WHAT I CAN TALK ABOUT?

Right off you go....

9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: OK....TELL ME WHAT I CAN TALK ABOUT?

I presume you have read the heading about this board..

"Here forum members can unwind and get to know each other. Come over to the Lounge for a virtual cup of tea and a chat about your favourite films, hobbies, sports, holidays and more"

You have posted on a few boards and are obviously not happy so perhaps you could discuss that provided it stays within the forum guidelines

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/BTCare-Community-Forums-User-Guidelines-Updated-03-0...

and the boards house rules, which I suspect is what you are not happy about.

https://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/House-Rules-when-using-The-Lounge/td-p/697912

Highlighted
eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Right...first of all you can make the tea...little milk and no sugar for me.

I have posted mainly on the thread I started, and I am very happy with the outcome,  you obvioulsy haven't read it through to its ultimate conclusion.....I have halved what I was paying for the same products/service.

I have no problem wih the boards house rules.

In fact, I have no problem at all.

eiki
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Tell me how you get to be a Distinguished Guru

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@eiki wrote:

Distinguished Guru

I have no idea! The titles are added by the forum, presumably it is linked to the amount of posts and solutions that you provide. It certainly does not necessarily reflect the ability or knowledge of the person and I include myself in that.

Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

@eiki wrote:

Distinguished Guru

You post here.  A lot.  It helps if you've got nothing else to do in the evenings (or during the day, or whenever).  The more you post, the higher your "status".  So far as I can tell, there's no connection between your "status" and the usefulness of your posts, though I might be wrong on that.

Of course, the posts have to be within the community guidelines, or the mods may decide to ban you.  They seem to show a bit of leniency to regulars who go a bit too far occasionally, and just edit the posts instead.

wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Ectophile I seem to recall from about 3 or 4 years ago when I first ventured onto this forum that the ranking was not purely on the number of posts but also on how the value of your posts were perceived - presumably by the mods but possibly also by how many "stars" you had been given by other forum members.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

You may well be right.  They could be including the number of times your post is starred, or how often your post is the accepted answer.

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@Ectophile wrote:

You may well be right.  They could be including the number of times your post is starred, or how often your post is the accepted answer.

I think that is correct as my rating rose quickly when I first starting posting as I had a high number of starred posts and some accepted answers.

Message 10 of 10

We need to talk about Kevin.