cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Obscurity of registration procedure

Will someone explain to me

a) why it is not made abundantly clear that the 'Username' requested at registration is NOT the BT username regarded as an alternative to an email address in the BT MyBT profile ?

b) why when I typed in my BT email address it informed me it was already in use by another user, making further progress impossible ? I eventually had to supply a gmail address I never use ! What on earth is going on ? Anyone who only has a BT email account presumably can never register in the Community ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Obscurity of registration procedure

Chill a little!
Many forums such as this are constructed by employees who are let's say a little obsessive.  As such they expect you to follow the registration procedure to a tee - even if it's a little counterintuitive.  So to use these forums you need to set up a "forum account" which is different to your BT service account.  If when you set up the "forum account" you are told that the email address is already in use, then it's likely that you may have set up the account previously.  At this point, you should be able to request a password reset link using either your email address or forum username.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!