Old internal wire to socket colour code

Go to solution

I have an old internal cable with 

Blue

Red

Green

Cream

and they have been pulled out of the socket screw downs numbered

Which colours go to which number? Does anyone know? I can’t find any reference to these colours. Circa 1960’s I think

thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Old internal wire to socket colour code

Go to solution

@rachalmers 

Welcome to this user forum.

Who provides your phone service?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Untitled.jpgHmmm. Did Quick Reply work?

As I said there. Bt/openreach but this is an internal wire plugged into the master socket near the door. Not part of their service I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@rachalmers wrote:

Hmmm. Did Quick Reply work?

As I said there. Bt/openreach but this is an internal wire plugged into the master socket near the door. Not part of their service I guess.

No such company BT Openreach. If its external cable then it belongs to Openreach. If its internal then its its your responsibility. Those colours are not phone wiring, but possibly alarm wiring.

Who do you pay your line rental to?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Ah, ok. Alarm. I’m surprised it worked in the first place! Well it’s been in a long time. So I’ll get it renewed completely. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@rachalmers wrote:

Ah, ok. Alarm. I’m surprised it worked in the first place! Well it’s been in a long time. So I’ll get it renewed completely. Thanks.

That is just a guess, but you really need to speak to your provider, as this is just a BT Retail Customer Forum and has nothing to do with Openreach, or your own service provider. Be aware that some providers use different colours, especially Virgin Media.

0 Ratings