cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Openreach Street cabinet door open!

Go to solution

Just posting here as twice I've just tried to phone openreach & the person I was speaking too didn't seem to understand plain English, was trying to explain to this person that an openreach Street cabinet is open to the elements & there's no engineer in sight. Walked past it twice about 10 minutes apart, all the internals are exposed to the rain! 

I'm not sure if the mods here can get in touch with openreach or not but the cabinet is on the following road

The Scaurs, Worle, Weston-super-Mare BS22 6QR
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach Street cabinet door open!

Go to solution

@smartie 

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

Openreach are a separate company, and nothing to do with BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I'm learning new things all the time.

I often walk past green cabinets, that have been left  open with exposed wiring boards and have never thought to report it to anyone.🙄

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Nine times out of ten it’s a VM Cab but you won’t hear Openreach Engineers complain. 

They’re nice easy call outs and free comps. Over the years I’ve probably made well over a £1000 in call outs to open doors on a VM Cab as have others so please, keep reporting them.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

The majority of BT cabs (unless its a DSLAMs) do not contain any circuit boards, so as suggested they are normally virgin boxes 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings