cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stantonfox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 310

Re: Openreach trainee engineer interview

What questions are asked in the video interview and how are the questions presented? Doesnt seem like anyone is sharing this info, thanks
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 310

Why would they share the info. It would give you an advantage over them in the process if you were given the information that they never had!

UTDboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 310

I remember about 4 or 5 questions, nice and simple ones, one I can recall is tell me about yourself, things like that, do you practice as many times as you want and you will see the format of how it all works, you can go back to do the actual video interview whenever you want as long as done in the timeframe they have set.
majahmed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 310

Hi UTDboy,

I was hoping whether you can advise me on this video interview, which i intend to complete today.

How long after did you hear back from them after the video interview? How many questions in total was there? 

Ive been sat behind a desk for 3 years and really want to move on to such career, so the best possible advice would be great. 

You are more then welcome to private message me if you wish. 

Once you attend the yarnfield centre, what is the process their, i just want to stay ahead of the game and get the most info i can to pass successfully.

Thank you. 

UTDboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 310

It was probably 5 working days i received an email invite to the assessment centre, there was 4 questions on the video interview, nothing to difficult, I suggest you just practice the video interview questions for a while before you do the actual interview, the process at yarn field was really good, lasts about 4 hours, you are split into groups, maths and English test, wire a plug, 2 seperate interviews, interviewers were very nice people and they are not trying to trip you up or anything, my advice is just be yourself, try and stay calm, customer service and health and safety are really key points as an engineer the rest they train you on, let me know how you get on with the video interview.
abanach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 310

Hello UTDboy. Is the video interview like a skype call?
Can you remember any more questions?
How much experience have you had that relates to the engeener job? Thanks
Ryan6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 310

Hi UTDboy, I've noticed online you can buy bt English and maths practice tests, I was under the impression it would be a basic maths and English test! Am I wrong?
UTDboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 310

Hi Abanach, no not a Skype call, questions come up on screen, you talk into the mic and you can see yourself, you get plenty of time to practice, no engineers experience, i worked in an office for 16 years, sorry i can't remember the questions that bit is a blur, you will be fine it's not as bad as you think, just found it odd as I had never done anything like that before, as a whole the whole experience is well planned.
Ryan6, no need to buy any tests, yes it's basic math and English to test your level, really easy stuff just a time limit for you to complete it.
Hope all goes well guys
Ryan6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 310

Thanks
Ryan6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 310

Does anyone have any information on the working hours?
When I applied it just said 37.5hours mon-sun 7am-9pm.
Would each week be different days and start/finish times?