Beginner
Message 81 of 310

Re: Openreach trainee engineer interview

Could indicate key buzz works in how to deliver outcomes
Stantonfox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 310

Got an email saying i have passed the video part of the assment and i am being considered against others as to progressing to the next stage, i thought my chances were over after my video, its hard to get my personality across, lol. As others have had a more direct route do people think this is because of the amount of applicants local to me or a please t way of saying you arent good enough but we will let you know
MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 83 of 310

It's difficult to say, because a few of us have had that email followed by another email days later saying they've been unable to book us in for an assessment centre yet, but will update us further in 2 weeks. Whereas others have had that email followed days later with another email inviting them to an assessment centre.

I don't know what's going on anymore xD

jamesperry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 310

Just a quick post. I did my video interview tonight, I took all week to do it as its a bit strange for me talking to my computer when noones there.

5 Questions not usre if we all got the same questions as mine wasn't the same as i saw on here but close. Q2 and Q3 i think i covered in Q2 so that threw me off too then when it came to Q5 my Sonru messaged up and lost connection to my laptops camera so i had to close my laptop down and reboot, the message it gave me said they will know i closed my session and started again. Anyway I'll let you know when i get the unsuccessful email as I'm sure the real me wasn't showed by my Video.

1 thing i read on here made me think i could redo the interview as many times as i wanted until the date given but thats not right as once you do it the link disapears and gets submitted. The practice questions didnt come up in my real interview either if anyone is writing them down and researching them 😉 

Hopefully the next stage (assesment centre) is where i'll shine and be the real me if i get the chance. Someone said 2 interviews and a simple English and Maths Test and wire a plug happens which sounds easy enough.

Stantonfox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 310

If you had a problem with connection i would email someone from one of the email's you recieved. You might be able to do it again, if i get to the assessment part i feel i could really show the real me, talking to myself in the dining room isnt the real me, not when sober anyway lol
MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 86 of 310

Hey guys,

Congratulations on completing your video interviews. Those of you who recently completed the interview, and haven't received any email about an assessment centre, would it be possible for you to post when you next hear from the BT Recruitment team, and what they tell you?

I'm very curious to know what timescales we're working with 😛

Again, congratulations and good luck to all candidates!

Kind regards,

Ashley

craigaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 310

Did my online interview 2 weeks ago. Got an email inviting me to assessment centre in South Shields on the 27th April. Did not expect South Shields as I live and applied for Leeds. Anybody else got South Shields on the 27th.

MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 88 of 310

Hey Craig,

Congratulations on the assessment centre! When you say 2 weeks ago, what date was that out of curiosity? 🙂

Also, South Shields?! Bizarre considering you're in Leeds. South Shields is more my way, as I'm in Northumberland, yet they've been unable to book me in for an assessment just yet, and I'll next hear from them in 2 weeks.

Kind regards,

Ashley

craigaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 310

Hi Ashley,

30th March I did the sonru interview, a week after I got an email to say I was now been considered for An assessment centre which I then got the invite yesterday for South Shields which is bizarre. I emailed the recruitment team to check South Shields is correct, if it is I have no problem travelling up for the assessment.
Ryan6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 310

Hello!
I completed the video interview on the 30th,received email saying I'd passed and was being considered for an assessment centre on the 6th then received another on the 11th saying they're still considering my application for vacancies where I live but as yet they can't book me into an assessment centre and they'll update me in two weeks