Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: Overhead Lines

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

It would’ve just been a PTD, Permission to Dig Form.

You don’t need a Wayleaves if it’s just to provide service for you alone.

If say they wanted to run a 100 pair cable or COF under your land to supply a housing development further up the road then yes, that would have to go through a Wayleaves Process.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

This explains how to report problems of this sort to Openreach.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

@Starwirewrote "You don’t need a Wayleaves if it’s just to provide service for you alone."

Well that is interesting.

The original method of feeding our houses was by a small underground duct/tube that loops along the front of each house in the row, appearing in a box in each house's front wall where 1 pair would be diverted through the inner wall into the house before the rest of the cable went down into another duct/tube to the next house, and so on. This also carried the now closed BT Cable TV service.

When we were moved to the other cabinet last year, a 10 pair cable was put in, with Openreach's stated intention that if other customers in our row complained about "unsolvable" problems, they would also be diverted onto this new cable, by cross connecting the old and new cables in the box in the front of my house.

A few months after I was moved to the new cabinet and cable, our neighbour two doors up also got moved on to it.

So this cable and duct under my garden now not only service my house, but a neighbour's as well. How does that change things?

It's not an issue for me at the moment, but I'm very tempted to move over to CityFibre which is now available in my area, and could end up with a duct, cable and joint on my property that services others, but not me.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

On my view of the forum posts, I see "Quick Reply" where you have "Mark as Accepted Solution":

Paul608085_0-1638526130277.png

I am logged in to the Forums.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

If you are not the OP of the thread you can not mark it as the accepted solution hence no button showing for you to do that.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution

@Paul608085 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

On my view of the forum posts, I see "Quick Reply" where you have "Mark as Accepted Solution":

Paul608085_0-1638526130277.png

I am logged in to the Forums.

@Paul608085 

Sorry to mislead you, as CLs can mark post as a solution. I hope that @XYZ2 takes action on this. Most likely message 5 by @Starwire  is the correct answer, so I will mark that one.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe, @gg30340 

I was wondering how Keith was able to get that screenshot! 😀

What does "CL" stand for?

I'm still hoping to get a reply to my updated question in post #14 though - can this still happen if a solution has been accepted or will the thread then get locked? Do I need to start a new thread?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

A Continuous Type DP.

That was a popular method of providing service on Terraced Homes on Council Estates back in the 60/70’s.

Right pain in the **** to work on, glad I’m out of that job now.

0 Ratings