Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ashiki
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

PLEASE HELP ME!

After waiting a month to have a phone line and then having it cancelled (reason unknown), today (6 weeks on!) was finally the day for the engineer to come out and switch the line on. I had 6 texts and 4 emails from BT all confirming engineer would be here today between 8am and 1pm.

At 13:30 I called BT to ask where the engineer was. The Deli call centre told me he'd been held up on the previous call but would be with me before 17:00.

At 17:30 I called BT to ask where the engineer was. The Deli call centre then told me the engineer hadn't turned up to work today and they'd have to rebook the visit for Thursday.

Obviously, I was upset. I spent 10 mins explaining why this was unreasonable:

- I had been waiting weeks
- I had already had a visit cancelled
- I had had to take a whole day off work and no-one had thought to communicate to me that no-one was coming
- this delay is affecting the safety of my property as the alarm is tied into the phone line
- It's affecting my work as I can't work properly from home with no broadband or phone
- BT apparently aren't able to order broadband until the phone line is fitted which has cost me nigh on £100 in data usage via mobile phone in July alone...and that's just evening emails.

And the response?..."Yes Ma'am - so shall I book an engineer for Thursday?"

So, I said "do you realise that due to BT's lack of communication, these phone calls are costing me £5 every time I have to call?" To which the reply was "use your landline then - that's free"

1) WHAT **bleep** LANDLINE? I wouldn't be on the phone at all if I had one
2) Very rude!

I give up...I work with businesses for a living from micro to corporate and I can honestly say I have NEVER experienced such **bleep**ty customer communications and service in my life.

It would be nice to speak to someone who understands what I am saying, who gives and toss and who has authority to make something happen. ARE YOU OUT THERE?

Well done BT, if Thursday comes and goes and I'm not on broadband and telephone (which is the latest promise I had today (recorded by the way)) I will just cancel the whole thing.
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!

You have been offered the help of a moderator on your other post. Have you taken up the offer?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/If-I-had-ANY-choice-I-would-not-still-be-with-BT-Awful-cu...

Ashiki
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I sent all details and no-one came back to me...

Message 4 of 4

Hi Ashiki,

Thanks for posting. This is being dealt with by a case handler who is due to contact you today to let you know what's happening with the order.

Cheers

David