Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

Participating in trial of G fast

Go to solution
Hi

Just had email offering chance to participate in this “survey”. Looks like no catches, no bill during trial, better speeds etc etc. Guess this has gone to many customers.

1. Is this different from Ultra fast BB?
2. Is there risk that software/router would be error prone and bigger up our current stable connection? (HH5)
3. Email refers to being put “on most suitable package after trial”. Would we be able to politely decline and go back to our existing package at that stage?
4. Would this risk potential exposure to India???

Thanks for your time

Tony
17 REPLIES 17
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: Participating in trial of G fast

Go to solution
Meant not **bleep** up😀
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

@Longshanks wrote:
Hi

Just had email offering chance to participate in this “survey”. Looks like no catches, no bill during trial, better speeds etc etc. Guess this has gone to many customers.

1. Is this different from Ultra fast BB? No
2. Is there risk that software/router would be error prone and bigger up our current stable connection? (HH5) Any trial carries a risk, that is why they have trials.
3. Email refers to being put “on most suitable package after trial”. Would we be able to politely decline and go back to our existing package at that stage? Yes
4. Would this risk potential exposure to India??? Ultrafast has a dedicated UK team.

Thanks for your time

Tony

Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks. The email just refers to “self instal software”, yet when I look up G fast, it refers to FTTP with all that this entails. (Put our postcode in and confirms FTTP available) Am I conflating two different things here?

Also curious why email simply refers to G fast with no reference to Ultra fast? Isn’t that confusing? (Certainly confused me!)

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

G.Fast isn't FTTP. Ultrafast can be delivered either by FTTP or by G.Fast which is copper and just a faster version of normal FTTC.

G.Fast and FTTP are technologies, Ultrafast is just a marketing term.

Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks for explaining relationship between the three terms. When I found Openreach page on Gfast, it seemed to morph straight into FTTP, inviting one to check their post code and status for FTTP. I assume FTTP would be much faster, and more expensive, than Gfast if available in our area?
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

No, they are the same price. Ultrafast is the product no matter how its served.

Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
Ok. Naively thought that the FTTP species of Ultrafast would be more expensive, replacing copper with fibre from cabinet to house? Equally naively, thought FTTP would get faster speeds using existing copper wire?
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Longshanks,

If you are signed up on our trial web site please us the "Contact Us" option when logged in. All trial questions should be directed to the trial team.

Thanks

DanielS

Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution
Noted. Have muchas questions. Will pursue through contact us link. Gracias