cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
youarerubbish
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Poor customer care

I guess most people go on these fora when they have received either excellent service or dismal service. Mine is, regrettably, dismal. Then I tried to register as 'unhappycustomer', but this was already allocated, next as 'veryunhappycustomer' - allocated again, so I can't be the only one.

Anyway, I spent 52 minutes this morning on the phone to someone who appeared to me to be guessing what the cause of the problem was and then guessing what the solution might be. Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.

Eventually, this afternoon, I found someone who could help, by moving my router about 18 inches (50 cm). But he then wanted to sell me a router 4.0 or 5.0, when our router 3.0 is only about a year old. He also wanted to sell me a booster. When I want to buy something, I will ring sales. When I ring customer service/technical assistance, I don't want sales!

Not happy. Please improve your customer service.

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Poor customer care

@youarerubbish wrote:

I guess most people go on these fora when they have received either excellent service or dismal service. Mine is, regrettably, dismal. Then I tried to register as 'unhappycustomer', but this was already allocated, next as 'veryunhappycustomer' - allocated again, so I can't be the only one.

Anyway, I spent 52 minutes this morning on the phone to someone who appeared to me to be guessing what the cause of the problem was and then guessing what the solution might be. Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.

Eventually, this afternoon, I found someone who could help, by moving my router about 18 inches (50 cm). But he then wanted to sell me a router 4.0 or 5.0, when our router 3.0 is only about a year old. He also wanted to sell me a booster. When I want to buy something, I will ring sales. When I ring customer service/technical assistance, I don't want sales!

Not happy. Please improve your customer service.

I don't think thats too bad.

2 calls and your problem was solved

toekneem

(EASBF)

viviana
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Calm down. Perhaps the technical assistant thought that you wanted to buy new router.

Rainloz
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I think I am beginning to lose faith in BT I agree their customer service is poor
Shadd
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

It is poor thats for sure but I don't think the high ups mind as long as they get payed for doing squat and exploiting Indians as cheap labour which adds to the problem as they can't even be bothered to train them properly. 

I do looove a good moan

Message 6 of 8

It is poor, its been said, said and said again on here, but to no avail.

I fear we've all articulated this view, but it simply is not heard Smiley Mad

Which is why I have subscribed for years to the BT Technical Experts for £pcm; whilst BT keep changing the name of the service, it has consistently set  benchmark of good customer service which ought to be free and readily available, but it isnt.

A brick wall I'm afraid. Smiley Mad

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Just been thinking about BT and Infinity and the service we get. As is typical of forums it is generally those with problems who post on them - I have done this often and will continue to do so. But consider just how many Infinity customers BT has. Difficult to find out quickly but I did find an article that reckoned on 500,000 in 2012. That might well have doubled now. And how many people complain on this and other forums - perhaps a couple of hundred. That is really a vanishingly small percentage of all Infinity customers. So perhaps the service is not that bad really.

However, what is apalling is the cavalier way in which BT treats its customers when they do have a problem. They persist in using an overseas based 'customer service' team who are often difficult to understand and often are obviously poorly trained (if indeed they have been trained at all in anything other than reading from a script) and can be rude and if they do not understand what the complainant is trying to get across they will terminate the conversation.

So like many things in life if all is going well, then jolly good but woe betide should anything out of the ordinary happen.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
Shadd
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

@ Allan

haha I know its been said a whole lot but the more it's said the more shows up on google searches lol so if every one did it they would have a poor rep when people search about BT broadband it would harm there sales and probably is allready due to the amount of moaning people on the net. So my thought is they will have to react one day its been to long big companies get away with what ever they want as people do not complain hard enough. In this day and age for the money we pay we should expect good service and not except this throw away cheap ass society that seems to be overriding everything. I don't use BT anymore   but help others like my mum that do, I used to use them but found them to be pretty useless when something goes wrong so left on principle, i didnt like the lieing or the long waits or the fact no one knew what they where on about and the fact I had to go to the top of BT to get something done, the BT person in question was miffed Id got his home number but did fix my fault fast no more lies and no more time wasting, they shouldn't of **bleep** me off, takes a lot to get me that angry.

Anyway I would not pay for a service and then if it went wrong accept a crappy call center service and then think erm there useless what can I do I know I will have to pay to get good service, no way thats almost, nope it is a form of extortion. These days people have no fight left in them for whats right because if there ticking along in life OK they don't care about others.

Brick walls can be broken I've broken a few in my time.

As long as people pay for better service from BT your letting them win and its exstortion which I thought was a crime in the UK