Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DomIstKrieg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Random possibly dumb question.

Go to solution

I get real paranoid episodes about various things like people stealing data and the like. I am having one now. BT don't look through data for no real reason do they? Like search history and login details etc. Thats a Data Protection thing right?

6 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Random possibly dumb question.

Go to solution

BT don't look for no reason but all your searches and use of the Internet is recorded somewhere. 

If you visit a site then at the very least your IP address is logged. Some sites also log other information such as which browser you're using, what your operating system is, and so on. Which pages you view, how long you spend on them, and which site/page you came from to view it may also be logged.

DomIstKrieg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Oh OK. Thats calmed me down. Thanks dude. I presume the cops can get it if they need to which is fair enough.

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
The only time you should worry is if your searches are anything that could be deemed slightly dodgy. Like hard-core **bleep** or anything terrorist related.
You could then expect a knock on your front door.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
DomIstKrieg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
I don't see the Mark as accepted solution button.
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Your internet browsing history is the least of your worries.

They now have the technology to read you thoughts through your wi-if and no tin foil hat can stop it.
mispeltyuoth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Not a particularly appropriate response to someone who has opened his post with "I get real paranoid episodes about various things ...", is it?