cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: Can not connect Tuya smart plugs to BT hub 2

Go to solution

When I go into AP mode it shows me the network SmartLife-FAAB, which I do select on my smartphone, however it indicates "Internet Maybe not available" Select another network. When I then go back to the app, I can watch the timer for the full 2 minutes, and after some time my flashing led on the Smart Plug stops blinking.

Also when I do not select the AP mode, the symtoms formt the timer and Smart Plug are similar.

My 3 plug where rather easily installed initially in Jan-2020, and worked for a few months without any issues. However as of somewhere in May this year they suddenly all 3 stopped responding to my app.

As of then I've done multiple attempts, on rainy days, to get them functional again, but never succeeded.

I also do read that the Tuya products coming from China could be of marginal quality, but which ones are the better recommended ones to order in the future then. As I'm not very confident anymore that I will be able to reanimate my current devices anymore.

Anyhow any help much appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

@TonD 

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

The home hubs do run out of internal connections, and a factory reset is the only way to fix it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I'm very sorry if I have misinformed you as I'm not actually using a BT hub, but having a
Connect Box informatie
De onderstaande informatie geeft de Connect Box status weer.
Conform standaard specificaties : DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware versie : 5.01
Software versie : CH7465LG-NCIP-6.15.28-4p7-NOSH
MAC-adres : 90:5C:44:EA:D6:81
Serienummer Connect Box : DEAP70491526
Beschikbaarheid : 1day(s)8h:34m:7s
Netwerk toegang : Toegang tot internet

Neither do I expect any issue with my Wifi router either, but symptoms seen from app and device perspective was pretty much similar to the details as described in this discussion. Anyhow thinking about trying to get the devices replaced, however as ordered them from China, that will most likely be a challenge.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@TonD 

Are you a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Nope I'm a Ziggo customer in the Netherlands just searching on some forum for some help to re-activate my 3 smart-plugs. This however has not been very constructive so far.
Sorry for wasting your time.

rgds, Ton

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@TonD wrote:

Nope I'm a Ziggo customer in the Netherlands just searching on some forum for some help to re-activate my 3 smart-plugs. This however has not been very constructive so far.
Sorry for wasting your time.

rgds, Ton

This is a BT Broadband customer forum. You would be better posting on your own ISPs user forum if they have one. Alternatively, try one of the may public broadband forums.

0 Ratings