cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 10 of 14

Re: No Master Socket

Go to solution

Very interesting indeed. If only I knew this when the engineer was round yesterday I could have shown him the external NTE in the cupboard. Doubt he would want to do any work within the home though.  So essentially the external NTE needs to be converted into an internal master socket? Is there anything I could do to help increase speeds/bypass the wiring interference? Would connecting my router to one of the other sockets in the flat alter speeds perhaps? Or would it just be the same issue again. Thanks for the help 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe Sky are my current ISP. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

@Nick2507 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe Sky are my current ISP. Thanks

@Nick2507 Then you are posting on the wrong forum.

This is a BT Retail phone and broadband customer forum, and has nothing to do with Sky or Openreach,

If there are wiring issues, then you need to be contacting Sky to resolve them, who in turn will ask Openreach to fit a new filtered master socket to plug your router in.

Sky have their own user forum, and that would be the best place to ask any further questions. Someone there may be able to give you an idea of what Sky charge for a home wiring improvement visit, as you should not have noise on your line. It could even be cause by the Sky equipment.

The Sky forum is here Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

I think it would be quicker and easier to use the Official SKY Community Forum.

0 Ratings