cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Why other providers not allowed in my area?

Vodafone are not blocked by BT.

Nobody is blocked by BT.

Vodafone have chosen to only sell FTTP from OpenReach in specific cities due to an existing deal with another provider (CityFibre).

You can read more about this here:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/08/isp-vodafone-uk-unveil-openreach-fttp-home-broadband-p...

You can't expect some random call operator who sells you the product to know the ins and outs of who wholesales them the product or the regulatory regimes involved.

They get trained to sell you broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

@j0hn83wrote:

Vodafone are not blocked by BT.

Nobody is blocked by BT.

Vodafone have chosen to only sell FTTP from OpenReach in specific cities due to an existing deal with another provider (CityFibre).

You can read more about this here:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/08/isp-vodafone-uk-unveil-openreach-fttp-home-broadband-p...

You can't expect some random call operator who sells you the product to know the ins and outs of who wholesales them the product or the regulatory regimes involved.

They get trained to sell you broadband.

No, you'd reasonably expect anybody selling you a product to know the full in's & out's & not lie. Seems to be the normal with that provider though

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

I would also expect them to not lie.

Particularly lies about another company blocking their access to customers.

I think it's ridiculous to expect sales staff to know why it isn't available in every area though.

They should know about their product, not the topology of the entire OpenReach network.

I wouldn't expect them to answer with "your area isn't served as we haven't purchased a GEA cablelink for "x" exchange yet"

I've never even spoke to a sales person who knew what a DSLAM was.

They don't need trained for that.

A simple "I don't know"  or "sorry we aren't available in your area at the moment" would do, rather than making stuff up.

I know OpenReach engineers who don't know half that stuff. That's ok because they don't need to know it either.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

@bobhoskins321 wrote:

@gg30340 
Certainly does not I'm far from expert on this, and just sharing my experiences. @j0hn83 was the chap with a pair who thrown down bounty. Does this mean you will also be throwing in £1,000?

Why would I, I am not contesting what has been said. It is you that has contested it.

0 Ratings