cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Replacing phone socket - A & B

Hi

i have bought a replacement to replace the BTpbone socket however it does not have an A and B like the old unit so wondering where the wires would go for it to work? 

Thanks 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Replacing phone socket - A & B

are you a Bt Broadband and phone customer

which master have you got

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Mine appears to be number 2

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Rob_2020 wrote:

Mine appears to be number 2

@Rob_2020 

Are you a BT Retail  phone customer?

Its not a BT socket any more, it belongs to Openreach, and you should not be interfering with it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Understand the general consensus. 

However was looking more so for an constructive answer to my query rather than any BT / Openreach police. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Rob_2020 wrote:

Understand the general consensus. 

However was looking more so for an constructive answer to my query rather than any BT / Openreach police. 

Thanks 

This is a BT Retail Customer forum. If you get your phone service from another provider, then you need to ask on their user forum.

You have an NTE5C, if you do a Google search you should be able to find how to connect things up.

Bear in mind if you damage either your provider`s exchange/broadband equipment, or the external Openreach cabling, then you are likely to incur a charge.

The official Openreach guide is here https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

It would not cover the external wiring connections, as they are not intended to be accessed by the end user.

If you are not sure what to do, then find a local telephone technician who can help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Ok thank you I will take a look. 

0 Ratings