Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ffmitchell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Scam email ?

Go to solution

Just had an email today purporting to come from BT signed "Libby Carr,  Managing Director Sales and Service"  When I saw this I got quite cross, but when I clicked on a link, my security software gave me a warning. A quick check on the "from" address shows "p.a.g.@btinternet.com". So I have ignored this email which I assume is a scam.

"Hello,

As you've used your email address in the last 90 days, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.

We're closing some of our older email address. That mean your BT email address will stop working after 25 February 2019, unless you add it to your BT Broadband account. If you don't do that, you'll lose your email address as well as the contacts and messages associated with it.

Keep your email by adding it to your BT Broadband account
If you want to keep it, it's quick, easy and free. Just link your email address to your BT Broadband account by following the steps at bt.com/linkemail.

We sent you this message because you've got BT Broadband. If that's not right and you want to find out how to keep your BT email address, go to bt.com/emailchanges.
Thanks,

Libby Barr
Managing Director, Sales and Service"

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Scam email ?

Go to solution

Nothing to do with BT, its a scam.

Highlighted
ffmitchell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Scam email ?

Go to solution
Thank goodness I have security software ! I hope all these people rot in Hell !!!