cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Scam text from bt

Any one had a text from BT asking how they did regarding my fault and would I recommend them.

Only I have not had any fault, I think it may be a scam.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Scam text from bt

Hi @Colly-FC did you run any of the self help diagnostics on the BT.com website recently? I've seen faults reported before when customers test their broadband speed on BT.com.  

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Hi, not done any thing like that recently. I deleted the text but it came from 60 204 note the space between, this seems a bit odd to me.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Colly-FC,

The number 60204 is a number that BT would text its customer from. You can find out more by clicking - I've just got a text from BT

If you've tested your Broadband Speed on bt.com in the last couple of weeks, its more that likely off the back of that test being run.

As soon as the speeds are tested this is recorded again the BT account and the fault is raised automatically. That fault will normally stay open for around 5 working days as long as no further action is required. The text message are usually sent out a few days after the fault has been closed by the system.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply. I don’t recall doing any test recently, do you see any significance in the space between the 60204 i.e. 60 204 or is that just the way my phone displays it.
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Colly-FC,

I think the space is just the way the phone displays the number.

If you are worried about the text, I can take a look at your account just to make sure it was sent by BT?

I've sent you an private message with details on how to contact my team.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Thanks but not worth you spending the time. I deleted the text. I will run a speed test in a day or two and note what happens out of interest.
It was just in the back of my mind I recalled seeing something on line of similar point about the space.