Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Sky Sports F1

Peow! Peow! Thanks iPhone.

People*
Community Manager - Retired

Hi All

I can now confirm that BT Vision customers won’t have access to the Sky Sports F1 channel this season. 

If you still want to catch the F1 action, coverage of the Formula 1 races this season will be broadcast by the BBC, with ten of the seasons’ most important races being broadcast live.

The BBC will also broadcast extended highlights of the remaining ten races. For races in the European time zone, customers can catch 90 minute highlights at 5.30pm on race days, and for the Far Eastern time zones, 120 minute highlights will be broadcast at 2pm on race days.

You can tune into the BBC or if the times don’t suit you, set BT Vision to record the action and watch it later.

Thx

Kerry  

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Aspiring Contributor

Great:smileymad:

Really glad that I went with BT Vision now.

What a joke.

Distinguished Sage

Little point in blaming BT for the lack of F1 coverage it the lack of capacity on FREEVIEW that is the problem
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert

johnnypen wrote:

Great:smileymad:

Really glad that I went with BT Vision now.

What a joke.

Oh p-lease, for ten races a year? £80 a mth?

Err... No thanks.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Expert

F1 is a rich man's sport, so I suppose you should expect to pay a premium amount for it. I don't want my license fee wasted on it at the expense of other programmes.

I'm a bitter old F1 fan by the way, who hasn't watched a race in years as I see more excitement on the ring road.
Aspiring Contributor

$ky have quoted me £60 per month for all services including F1

Aspiring Contributor

john46 wrote:
Little point in blaming BT for the lack of F1 coverage it the lack of capacity on FREEVIEW that is the problem

If that was always going to be the case, then why all the bullsh*t about being in negotiations with Sky about the F1 channel? To drag it out and sucker more people into a BT Vision plus Sky Sports subscription?

Aspiring Contributor

Oh p-lease, for ten races a year? £80 a mth?

Err... No thanks.

Depends if you are an F1 fan, why do people pay for anything?

Aspiring Expert

At the outset of this debate I nearly jumped for Sky Sports with my BTV. Lack of an early announcment meant that I waited and waited and waited.

Reality check. No fault of BBC who have done well to keep at least some live races. No fault BT.

Shame on F1 selling out Joe Public.

Greedy you know what's.

With hindsight I wouldn't want to subscribe to Sky and "reward" F1 for their decision.

I didn't jump because they had the best rugby, football or cricket. Certainly now won't bother with F1. Can listen live on BBC Five Live to the races not on TV if I feel a need on a Sunday afternoon for an F1 fix. 

Greedy, greedy sport and wonder about the whispers that the competition last year was contrived......