cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 21 of 47

Re: Sky Sports is no longer guaranteed on BT's youview

Sky channels have always been a little dear. Thats why I don't have the Sky Movie channels and find having Netflix better value.
Also I'm not to bothered if the likes of Sky One or Sky Living don't come to BT for again price would go up for having more Sky channels.
As I said above Sky always seem to get there own way and if they don't Sky are always the first to complain.
Sky over bid for the English premier leauge right just to stop the likes of BT gaining an extra package or two and now every customer has to suffer Skys price rises.
I just hope I don't end up having to pay Sky prices for BT TV.

Darren

TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 47

IMO, this is probably the right decision, BT can dictate terms to sky, so should sky be able to for sky sports, as would be splitting open reach from BT. so someone paying talktalk or sky line rental isn't filling the coughers of BT to help pay for sport , so that money actually gets reinvested in the network.

It's time for Sky and BT to stop being boys squabbling in the playground and grow up and be men. A mutual wholesale agreement of all TV SD and HD TV services at least, Sky and BT's content fully available on both platforms. A chance to profit from customers on both platforms should be beneficial for both parties.

jam2000
Expert
Message 23 of 47

Sky dont even do the same with Virgin so what chance have BT got. Virgin media still dont have Sky Atlantic.

Sky have too much power, if anything they need to be split up, so their channels are seperate to their playform like BT are with their networks. BT are investing heavily into Fibre across the country.

Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 47

I really don't get the anti sky sentiment here, splitting sky up is complete nonsense. Sky provide a premium product and BT a budget one, surely having different choices is best for the consumer.

jam2000
Expert
Message 25 of 47

Sky isnt Premium

Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 47

Compared to BT it is.
jam2000
Expert
Message 27 of 47

Really so Sky offer Ultra HD? Mobile phone? I class all that premium
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 47

Ultra HD? Is that the same ultra HD you have started two threads whining about? One about the camera angel for the sport, the other about no movies on BT.
Only this week sky announced their new box with ultra HD coming in 2016. You can bet your life there will be more than just one or two matches in ultra HD when sky do it.
As for mobile phone, what on earth has that got to do with pay TV?
jam2000
Expert
Message 29 of 47

Why dont you just get Sky since you love it so much
jam2000
Expert
Message 30 of 47

Not whining just stating about the camera angle on 1 of the games and no films.

Strange as BT have shown more than 1 or 2 in Ultra HD.