cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Slammed

Go to solution

Had a contract with Vodafone since August 2020. Suddenly in December my connection 'disappeared'.  I found out that another resident in my block had taken out a contract with a different provider and his service (was supposed) to start on the day mine stopped. We both listened to his customer service chap who told us my line had been slammed.

I notified Vodafone, who said there was nothing they could do but cancel my contract and offer me another - which would not be activated until 8th January (so no internet for me over xmas!)

The other provider arranged a technician to visit the property the week after the problem.  He sorted the problem for the other resident (still on 'my' line) and wanted to run a new line from the local exchange to the property for me - but could not do so because Vodafone would not raise a job order to carry out the work.

My 'new' service was supposed to be activated last midnight - but did not.  Ironically the other resident's connection has now also disappeared!  Vodafone stated they would continue to configure my connection and I should be online in another 24 hours.  They refused to understand that the problem seems to be with the line into the residential property.

There are another 4 flats in our block (6 in total). Heaven knows what is likely to happen if any other resident decides to install an internet connection!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slammed

Go to solution

@Chris128 

What has this got to do with BT Retail, who operate this forum?

Your issue is with Vodaphone, and the other provider.

Try this forum https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/ as its for Vodaphone customers.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

not sure why you are posting on the BT Retail residential forum when you are a vodaphone customer   there is no connection from this forum to openreach who are responsible for the phone line   you need to talk to vodafone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry all. I simply followed a link posted by someone online who had been slammed.

Since the problem had been caused by BT - not the service providers - I wrongly assumed I might find some explanation here.

I will cancel my subscription.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Chris128 

as I posted this has nothing to do with BT Retail and it is openreach who look after the phone lines   report the problem to vodafone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks all for your comments.

I only saw the title BT Community and did not note anything to suggest a differentiation between BT services.

Now I'm struggling to find out how to cancel my membership of this forum!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Chris128wrote:

I notified Vodafone, who said there was nothing they could do but cancel my contract and offer me another - which would not be activated until 8th January (so no internet for me over xmas!)

BT have a priority back in service (PBIS) who deal with restoring slammed customers when a takeover is done in error, do Vodafone not have a process like that ?
It allows the losing provider to get the line back without waiting the normal 14 days.

0 Ratings