cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 5 of 12

So-called fraud dept

The so called bt fraud dept asked me to download a app called team view quick support which i

stupily did a nine no code comes up and there ask you for I use oline banking and noticed payment I did recognise  I contacted my bank and they put me through to the fraud team  they said I would get my money back has any else been through this scam 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12

Scam calls

I been receiving a lot of calls from bt saying there are from bt fraud dept and even gave me there’s I’d numbers after I asked them and even asked to talk to there manager how do know there are from the fraud team 

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 12

Scam calls ie saying there from bt fraud dept and there’s been a issue with my internet connection

I been receiving a lot of calls from bt saying there are from bt fraud dept and even gave me there’s I’d numbers after I asked them and even asked to talk to there manager how do know there are from the fraud team 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Re: Scam calls ie saying there from bt fraud dept and there’s been a issue with my internet connecti

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Re: So-called fraud dept

It's a scam, BT would never ask you to install Team Viewer, they used it to access your device.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Re so called bt fraud dept

I have already reported it as a scam call and registered asa member action fraud too 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

So be aware of this scam
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@ameen1wrote:
So be aware of this scam

Be vigilant all the time, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is, if it sounds completely odd to you, don't offer any info and ask the caller to verify they are who they claim to be.
Ask the caller to add notes to your account, then look up that companies contact info on their website and contact them directly, ask the person who answers if notes have been added.

Most scammers will tell you something is urgent or time sensitive, this is to create panic and stop you from thinking about other options or seeing through the deception.

0 Ratings