Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Strange SMS survey messages from BT

Go to solution

Not sure if this is the right place for this but if not, I'm sure the mods will move it!

Yesterday afternoon I received a couple of SMS messages on my (BT) mobile  referring to a conversation I supposedly had at 14.25, asking me to rank my interaction with BT. Since I hadn't had any contact, I ignored the message. Then at 19.01 I received another one.

Both came (supposedly) from 07800 003951 which, as I've received similar from BT when I did contact them, I assume is a BT number.

However, this now has me questioning (a) if this is a BT number and (b) how bad can their records be if they think I contacted them when I didn't?

What's happened to the poor sod who did contact them, was their problem fixed or did BT fix something on my account of which I am as yet unaware?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Strange SMS survey messages from BT

Go to solution

@mispeltyuoth 

This post may help https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Does-BT-send-text-messages-from-44-7800-004211-regarding-...

So unless they are using a different number, then it looks like a scam.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Keith

I had a look at the link and checked my preferences and came across something else that's strange. Under 'Phone Calls' and 'Text Messages' there is a mobile number I don't recognise. I guess it could have been the original number allocated to my mobile account - I have what Orange (remember them) used to call a 'silver' number from the days when I used to manage a huge business account. However, if it's not that, someone may be getting odd calls from BT!

Anyway, I've now changed my preferences - not that that really answers the initial query .............. is 07800 003951 a real BT number?

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @mispeltyuoth,

Thank you for posting I've had a search and it doesn't look like that is a BT number. If you haven't recently been in contact with BT, I would say it highly likely that a scam text message.

Thanks

Paddy