cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Telegraph poles

Go to solution

Can I attach a solar security light to the telegraph pole where I park my car as we have no Street light and my car has been keyed, a security light fitted to my house does not reach far enough 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Telegraph poles

Go to solution

This is a BT residential forum with no connection to Openreach.

You would need to ask Openreach your question but I suspect the answer will be no.

Contact Us | Openreach

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I have tried every contact no: for open reach and they are unreachable!!

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried the virtual assistant at the foot of the page in the link I posted?

EDIT: There may be a contact number on a label on the pole. 

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Virtual assistant is useless aswell!

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

As I said, this forum has nothing to do with Openreach so can not offer any further help. 

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Here’s something I posted earlier;

’The Telephone Pole is the property of the BT Group Plc.

It forms part of their ‘Access Network’, which is managed and maintained for them by Openreach.

You can’t and won’t be able to get permission to attach anything to it as BT and Openreach will not allow third party attachments of any kind on them.

If you did attach anything to it this would Class it as a D Pole, Defective Pole and would be classed as being unsafe to climb it. You’d then receive a letter from BT/Openreach instructing you to remove it otherwise it would be removed for you at a cost to yourself.

Also it could hinder a delay in getting any faults fixed or new services provided. Only a few weeks ago Openreach refused to install someone’s FTTP service as they’d placed a camera on the pole. Until it’s removed and the Poles been tested as safe to climb they won’t be getting their Fibre.

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for that info, greatly appreciated.

However the rungs the engineers climb up the pole are in the opposite side to where I would want to fix the light, if only I could talk to someone it would help

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

DanielS.

That’s an old comment I cut and pasted from 2019.

As I’ve said in recent posts/comments. I’m no longer a CSE for Openreach. Jacked it in, was sick of being Micro Managed, the BS Politics and quite frankly the ineptitude of the Company as a whole.

To the OP. Doesn’t matter, you can not attach anything to something that does not belong to you without the consent of the owner. 

What if Openreach and or an Altnet want to or already plan put a Small or Medium Size Fibre Node there?

I can guarantee you Openreach will say no.