cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
granny1991
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Trainee Engineer - PASSED ASSESSMENT DAY - on priority list for vacancy in my area

So i've passed the assessment day and ive had an email a few weeks after it informing me that there are not any vacancies within 40 minutes of my home address. I've now been put on a priority list in waiting for a vacancy. Is this quite a common thing? i was very disappointed getting this email.

11 REPLIES 11
Shieldsheed
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Trainee Engineer - PASSED ASSESSMENT DAY - on priority list for vacancy in my area

Depends where you’re situated I believe. What area did you apply for? It’s been a nightmare process.
granny1991
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Re: Trainee Engineer - PASSED ASSESSMENT DAY - on priority list for vacancy in my area

I’m from Arbroath beside Dundee so it will be that area. I want to wait as I’d like this job but at the same time I don’t want to hold onto something that isint there.
Kidbi11y
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Have you had a start date yet mate?

I passed my Assessment and had to contact them when i was below the weight limit for engineers, I have contacted them now and recieved a reply saying they are looking for a position for me.

I'm impatient and hoping for a date soon lol I finish my current job on 17th of this month and meant to start another on the 18th but obviously i'm hoping i get a start date before then.

Last thing i want to do is start new job and have to put my notice in almost immediately

nawab
Message 5 of 12

Hi,

Did you get any reply or news from bt ?

finlearick
Message 6 of 12

im also in the dundee/angus area on waiting list for a vacancy, cant remember when i got emails etc for 27th march 18 was when i attended assessment day in edinburgh so was about a week after that

granny1991
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Hi mate,

I eventually got offered a position in Perth which i have accepted. A lot better than Bristol which was initially offered.

Down to Yarnfield on the 17th of September. Any luck with yourself?

bradleykirke88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Hey,

I'm in  the same situation now jut waiting for a vacancy withing 40 minutes. Did you keep on at them or did they ring/email you to offer you a position?

Thanks

finlearick
Message 9 of 12

That’s good news. Still waiting I’m afriad. Was it a phone call or email you got?
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

This is a BT Retail forum, try this other forum instead.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html