Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deejay126
Message 1 of 7

Trainee Openreach online video interview

Go to solution

Hi guys,

I have tried searching the forums for some information on this, to no avail! Does anyone have any tips regarding this? Any example questions? I have never had an 'online video interview' before so anything to help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Trainee Openreach online video interview

Go to solution
Hi. There is already a previous question asking the very same thing here. https://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/Openreach-trainee-engineer-interview/td-p/1726373
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Can anyone give me a site about questions on why you want to work for BT and other questions please
Swedge9187
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Bit of a silly question that only you can answer

Why do you want to work for BT, no too using someone else's answers
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi All,

I have just done the online interview. It was fairly awkward talking to my laptop, I would have much prefered to have done an intervies in person. There were 5 questions giving you a minute or so to read each one then another 2 or 3 minutes to answer. The first question was an ice breaker such as 'what do you enjoy doing'? The next few questions were very similar to each other such as what appeals about the role, whay are you suitable, how will you deliver customer service etc. The last question was 'what else would you like to say about yourself, BT or the role'?

I had bullet points on all these subjects and some examples of my current roles that linked directly to the BT Engineer role. Once I read the question I sorted through the sheets of bullet points for the most relevant. Try and practice talking through the points for up to 3 mins but have natural stops at 1 minute and 2 minutes.

I recomend getting across Customer Focus, Health and Safety, time management and Problem solving as key area for the role.

I will repost when I get the results from the interview. Fingers crossed.

GOOD LUCK!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@AndrewMiller 

This is a BT Retail forum, not Openreach.

Try http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html

There is a lot more information.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Openreach are a separate company, and nothing to do with BT Retail.

The link I posted deals specifically with Openreach recruitment.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html

I suspect that the forum search is simply bringing up some old threads which should have been deleted now that Openreach are a different company.