cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Unlawful pole erected in my garden

Go to solution

I applied for High Speed Broadband to the Premises in November 2020.  Still waiting.  When I was out yesterday a gang arrived and installed a pole in front of my Listed Building.  All other services are undergrounded including the copper connection.  BT and Open Reach have been aware since 12th January that the Planning Authority  would only like a pole at the rear or side of the property, not in the line of sight of the building.    Anyone else received such dumb service?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Unlawful pole erected in my garden

Go to solution

Perhaps the Poling Team had the A55 upside down.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

There should be an A4 size label attached to the pole with details of how to complain. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @maggie39 and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about the pole. I'm sorry there's been some problems. Is the account a business or residential service? Have you spoken with anyone about this? Have you checked if there is an A4 sized notice as per @Devon_Dave advice?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Yes - I have been in almost daily contact with BT and Openreach.  It takes hours to get through to them, so much time wasted.  All they do is say "sorry" over and over again.  There is a notice on the pole and, of course, I have written but there is no phone number and no names!  In the mean time, BT keep billing me!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @maggie39, I'm sorry the BT community won't be able to assist you with your complaint as the network is owned and maintained by Openreach. You can contact Openreach via this webform to object to the pole.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

I would suggest you try contacting the local planning authority to let them know the pole has been erected in the wrong place and ask them if they did have any contact from Openreach or it’s contractor. Listed building consent would be required before any work can proceed on or near a listed building.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks. I have made an enquiry of the LA . They confirm this. I have passed this information to BT and Open reach who do not appear bothered by this. Meantime, the pole remains on my lawn!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks I have found that, despite the fact that the rain has made it almost unreadable but perhaps that is what they hope for.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks. I have now completed the form as well as having sent a letter.
0 Ratings