cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Unlawful pole erected in my garden

Go to solution
What rubbish. This problem has certainly NOT been solved. Who wrote "Solved"? The pole is still there and it stinks in this hot weather. A local farmer has offered to chainsaw it down for me. Am I within my rights? 3 months have gone by.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@maggie39 

This has nothing to do with BT Retail, you need to take up the issue with Openreach.

https://www.formwize.openreach.co.uk/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d04080b0d0c01%22

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution
Hi I try to persuade Open reach to remove the unlawful pole almost daily but they keep referring me to BT Pole Objection Service who seem to be a secret organisation with little means of speaking to anybody directly.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Hi

Try this link if not already done so. https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach/complaints-policy  

keep a record of the chat and follow up with a letter to Openreach Chairman’s office plus copy to ofcom. 

Ade

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks, but even the Openreach website to which you directed me  asks me to refer my issue to BT!  I have already written to the boss of Open reach who appointed an officer to deal with my case but nothing is resolved.  I will have to find out if I am legally allowed to remove the post myself with the help of a neighbouring farmer.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry @maggie39  but not sure why you keep posting on a BT retail forum that has absolutely nothing to do with your problem which is purely with Openreach and nobody else.

BT Retail do not erect poles, Openreach do.

I think you might find removing the pole yourself a very expensive exercise in legal costs when sued by Openreach for damaging their property.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@maggie39 as mentioned Karen, you need to take your complaint elsewhere, everyone on this forum has tried to point out to you where to vent your anger. There is nothing else we can do for you here. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Pole has been removed.  It was actually BT who took responsibility and finally had it removed, not Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Your persistence has been rewarded at last.

0 Ratings