cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Unwanted screen

Go to solution

You are probably going to tell me this is nothing to do with BT so go away, but you are all so helpful that I have  to try. Last night, this screen popped up, uninvited onto our LG smart TV and I have tried literally everything to get rid of it, impossible. 
We did not want it, we did not request it. Can anyone help in any way? It won't let me post the photo as it says its too large but I have no idea how to reduce on my ipad. The screen is totally blue and says 

Sonlife Broadcasting Network welcome, this service provides content which is delivered from the internet via your broadband connection.....etc.....etc

why did it suddenly appear and cannot be erased? Thank you so much in anticipation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unwanted screen

Go to solution
Did you select a channel that is not supplied over the aerial? As I get a similar message on some channels.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

It's a streaming channel (263) that the BT Box cannot play. Simply changing channel should clear it. If not, press & hold the power button on the box until it restarts.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/viewing-ip-channels

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Nope, its still there in the background
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @jeanjeanie2  👋
I know this is a daft suggestion but, seeing as the 'sonlife' channel is viewed via an internet connection, have you tried deregistering the wi-fi on your TV, turn your TV off and then after turning on your TV again resetting up the connection?
I have 'Googled' this (other search engines are available 😁) as I have found this an interesting problem 🤔 and I can't see anything to help so this is my only thought about it and usually the best answer is the most simple...'have you tried turning it off and then on again?' (I should be in IT support 😂)
Good luck I hope that you find the answer x x

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you so much, someone suggested that the TV had defaulted to another input so I went into the settings and amended the input to live TV and holding my breath it seems to have worked
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

YAY!!!
So glad you may have sorted this as there is nothing worse than having a problem that you didn't even cause 😤😂
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! x