Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3

Virgin Media faster offering Ultrafast BB

Go to solution

Good afternoon BT Community,

I was on VM (Virgin Media's) website and they're offering me Gig1 Fibre speeds:

Why isn't BT / Openreach offering me anything in my area, because it saves my changing my ISP all the time.

OpenReach speeds.jpg

It's a shame because I like BT more than Virgin, I do hope BT / Openreach has something planned before 2022 or I will have no choice and switch too Virgin Media.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Virgin Media faster offering Ultrafast BB

Go to solution

Virgin Media own and operate their own network, they have it for their own customers.
Openreach own and maintain a different network, they provide service to over 600 communication providers, BT being one of them.
There are also alt-nets popping up in local areas, again with their own network.

Choose what suits your needs and budget best, it's a competitive market.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Virgin Media faster offering Ultrafast BB

Go to solution

Hi @-Richie-,

Openreach own and maintain a different network, they provide service to over 600 communication providers, BT being one of them.
There are also alt-nets popping up in local areas, again with their own network.

Choose what suits your needs and budget best, it's a competitive market.

Yes I already know about Openreach maintaining and providing services for over 600 communication providers etc, also yeah 🤔 it most definitely is a competitive market you've gotta love a excellent deal. Trouble is even though Virgin Media's Gig1 Fibre has just been announced in my area the 'announced speeds' are download 1.1GB and upload 52mbps. BT even has a better upload speeds of 110mbps on their GB Fibre network. 

I do hope Openreach announce plans before my end contract date April 2022.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings