cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Vodafone Fibre Broadband and no phone needed with Unlimited Weekend Plan .

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a BT landline phone number which I do not use but I pay Unlimited Weekend Plan: £ 20.20 / month because I have Sky ADSL broadband.

Now I am planning to switch to Fiber broadband to Vodafone.

Does the landline still need a telephone or maybe just a landline for the internet.
Can I delate the phone  contract and keep the connection for broadband with some maintenance charges.

It makes no sense to pay for an unused phone and additionally for connecting to the broadband of another operator.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Vodafone Fibre Broadband and no phone needed with Unlimited Weekend Plan .

Go to solution

You do not need to pay BT for a landline. If you are getting broadband from another provider the landline rental should be part of the broadband package.

That should also have been the case with your Sky broadband package.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thank`s
In my ignorance over the years I have been paying BT 4 x £ 60 a year and an additional £ 24 a month for Sky.
Who should take over the landline now and notify BT so that I do not pay twice more.
Is Vodafone's new fiber broadband provider.
BT landline was installed many years ago because cell phones were not that popular.
Today only smartphones are in use and landline phones are dripping with dust.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Your new provider should take over your broadband and notify your present provider about the take over.

If you check with your present provider and ask them if you are paying for a telephone service/landline as part of your broadband package.

Assuming you are you should call BT 0800.800.150 and cancel your phone contract and ask them why they have been taking the money when the line has been provided by your present provider.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
I see that you are well introduced to the topic...
I started initially on the Vodafone website and
I provided a landline number as requested.
Then I have three things to click but I don't really understand.
* Keep my current number (I don't want my current phone any more)
* Get a new number (I don't want any more phone)
* Get an additional line (so I should click on this option) but why an additional line if I already have one ???
Can you help please !!!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

This forum is for BT customers. You would be better to post your questions on the Vodaphone forum where you will get answers in relation to that provider.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

You need you landline to get broadband unless you get Vodafone gigafast.  From your description you are getting FTTC and your package will include line rental. Whether you choose to use a landline is up to you but you will still need to pay line rental to get your broadband

justva matter of whether you want to keep your number or if you are not bothered then just get a new number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Sounds like solus line from BT and solus BB from Sky, it was common years ago.
The fact the OP is paying £20.20 indicates there is broadband on that line, BT offer a discount to people with no broadband which is based on the tags on the line, if there wasn't broadband on that line BT would of discounted it.

0 Ratings