cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

What areas do BT plan to install decent fiber optic cables (50mbs+) in the near future?

Before I sign up to yet another 18 months with Virgin Media, I wanted to know if BT have any plans to install decent fibre optic cables in my area.

There doesn't seem to be a way to check if BT plan to install it in my area in the next decade or two.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: What areas do BT plan to install decent fiber optic cables (50mbs+) in the near future?

As it will be Openreach rather than BT, why not ask them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: What areas do BT plan to install decent fiber optic cables (50mbs+) in the near future?

@jktownley 

BT do not install fibre, its Openreach that do that, so they are the people you need to ask.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Is Openreach not a subsidiary of the BT Group?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

This is a BT retail forum and has no connection with Openreach. BT retail have no more view of Openreach's plans than any other service provider.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

My apologies.

I assumed, from the name, that BT retail would be a part of the BT Group.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

BT retail are part of the BT group.

Its a bit like asking Screwfix about B&Q's plans, they are both part of the Kingfisher group but you wouldn't expect one to know about the other's plans.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

BT Retail, Openreach, EE, Plusnet etc are all part of BT Group. This forum is a BT Retail customer to customer help forum for help with BT Retail products. As has been pointed out, you'll need to check with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

No problem.

I've checked with the open reach website, and they have no plans to put in a 21st century connection in my area in the near future.

By all means delete this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Openreach are about to release a new list of Fibre First Exchanges.

They’re really starting to accelerate their FTTP Build by Recruiting loads of people internally and Contractor work.

0 Ratings