cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

What do all the emojis mean?

When I want to insert an emoji (or emoticon) I click on the black face near the top and a board of emoticons appears. But they are too small to see what they are, mostly, apart from the smiley face. Is there a way of making them bigger? But even if some of them were bigger, I wouldn't know what they were meant to represent. I've tried right-clicking, but nothing appears. If there isn't a key, can BT please think about applying one? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: What do all the emojis mean?

If you hover your mouse over them, they say what they represent.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

You might be interested in https://emojipedia.org/ which details what each emoji means and what devices supports them. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

They don't on my computer. (say what they represent when I hover the mouse over them.)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

That's a bit inconvenient, don't you think? How do we get BT to improve this feature?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 19.36.47.png

Emojis are a standard and are actually unicode characters that is recognised and converted by devices as a smily face or a face with sunglasses, as an example, based on the unicode used. There's a technology group that works on this standard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_Consortium. That Emojipedia site will tell you when that emoji was first introduced too.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

My screen doesn't look like that when I'm typing an email. The smiley face is dark. I get the description here on this page when I hover over the emoji, having clicked on the white face between the triangle and the link symbol, but my 'Compose' screen looks like this:

Bert4545_1-1631565781365.png

The 'dark face' is the last symbol on the right.

0 Ratings