cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

What is the best android phone you recommend?

What is the best or useful android phone do you think?

My android is now 2 years old and I plan to buy a new android but before I buy I wanted to know your opinion. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: What is the best android phone you recommend?

Depends on what you want and how much you're prepared to spend; there are plenty of online reviews and comparisons to help you make up your mind.

Moto G6 Plus, now available under £200, is excellent value in my view.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

As said above it usually depends what you want out of it and what appeals to you and how much you're willing to pay.

I got the Samsung A10 a few months ago and I'm still very happy with it, it is just like the S10 only with fewer features but the same great quality. They usually can be found online and in shops for £110-£140 but if you look around you will get lucky and find it quite a lot cheaper elsewhere.

Not a bad phone if you're not concerned with being one Android version behind. Although I think the A10 is one of those that will be upgraded 🙂

Highlighted
Aspiring Member
Message 4 of 8

Hi @taylor0941,

I personally really like the Samsung range. Looking at upgrading myself at the minute. Have you had a look on here - www.bt.com/mobile/phones. I seen there is gift cards for up to £90 at the minute. Hope this helps 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Having tried a few different phones I have decided I prefer Samsung. I've got an S8 plus. Which is great for me because it takes lovely photos - my major requirement as I have grandchildren, and it is big enough for me to read library books on during train journeys. It's also quick.

A friend swears by the Google phones. Again the new one seems to do well for taking photos. 3a XL ? (which did have 21% off a few days ago so maybe it will be in a hi tech pre christmas sale?) It's quite a lot cheaper than the Samsung if you are buying a new phone outright. Perhaps worth mentioning that I had dealings with my local 'Samsung Experience  Store' a few months ago and they had one or two phones on offer at the time as they were clearing out for a new model. 

My comments are based on buying outright, not contract. 

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

It depends on what you want from your phone, as stated by others the Samsung range is good but in my opinion carries a lot of unwanted, unnecessary and non-uninstallable bloatware. My personal preference comes under a group of phones from different manufacturers known as AndoidOne which is a near stock Android phone (very little or no bloatware), my personal favourite being the Nokia 7 Plus.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I must say it would be nice to be able to uninstall some of the apps that seem to be permanently installed.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Another advantage of Android One which I forgot to mention are monthly security updates.