Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

What is this new third cabinet?

Go to solution

A new cabinet as appeared next to my copper cabinet and my Fiber cabinet what are third cabinets please.

Approx the same size as the others and green and says "PEEK" on it think it has mains a red light on the side also next to it is a aluminium small tower about 2 and half feet high by 6 inch square.

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: What is this new third cabinet?

Go to solution

That sounds like a traffic control cabinet.

See https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Traffic_signal_manufacturers

dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Well near a roundabout but there are no traffic lights if that's the type of control you mean.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@dnpark38 wrote:

Well near a roundabout but there are no traffic lights if that's the type of control you mean.

Not yet, but they may be planning some, or even a crossing. Read the page I linked to.

Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

A picture would help identify them.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
It’s nothing to do with the BT Network, just coincidence that it’s next to their PCP and DSLAM.
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
A Google of peek traffic comes up with photos of cabinets used to house control equipment.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Been on foot to have a look and confirm it is between the 2 BT cabinets and a pedestrian controlled crossing and red light on. Also passed another crossing and that has similar cabinet by Siemens with same aluminium trucking at the side. Thus those that think it controlling traffic I now accept that's what it is, I had hopped it was a telecommunications improvement because mine comes from the 2 BT cabinets and is very poor.