cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 21

Who is BT?

I'm getting frustrated by the regular advisors on this forum advising people that BT Retail and Openreach are different. The fact is that these companies all belong to the same Group and have one CEO. These companies are known as Cost Centres and they have responsibilities to report into the BT Group. So when a customer is complaining of their frustrations with BT then ultimately they are complaining to BT. To the advisors of this forum, please read the Corporate business model on the BT website before telling people who is who! Rant over.
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Who is BT?

No one is saying they are not part of the BT Group however under OFCOM rules  Openreach operate as a separate company so as to provide an equal service level to all providers and that BT Retail gets no preferential service this link may help you further http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/  also Retail and OPenreach have their own CEO'S 

http://www.btplc.com/news/articles/showarticle.cfm?articleid=%7B188f4660-4f01-48bb-8374-5dfad168ed51...

http://www.btplc.com/news/articles/showarticle.cfm?articleid=%7B68268030-3b15-4603-a6c8-7f2437114344...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

each are separate entities ,albeit part of the overall BT Group, so complaining to BT retail about problems with openreach are not going to get anywhere.  Probably because OFCOM made them treat each ISP the same and cannot be seen to favour BT Retail

much like going to B&Q and complaining about a problem you have with screwfix - both part of the overal Kingfisher Group

I do agree though that openreach are a will unto themselves and should be more accountable.  unfortunately as openreach have a monopoly on the lines there is no - I'll go somewhere else

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 21

Who is the CEO of both companies? You will find it's the same person. What are the Corporate Values of BT. You will find it is the same!
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 21

By the west your example of Screwdix and B&Q. They are different companies with different business objectives. But I understand what you are implying
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 21

Excuse the poor spelling above. Not easy on iPhone!
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 21

Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 21

One registered office in the Companies House!
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 21

What I'm saying to you guys is that the public sees BT as a whole and they are complaining about one sector of the Business and probably don't know who is who. So your advise should be based on on the problem and not whether it is Retail or Openreach. The customer just wants their problem resolved and they don't care who is who.
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 21

'The customer just wants their problem resolved and they don't care who is who.'

Then why bring the debate of who works for who?

The BT Group own hundreds of different companies all over the world, all operate independently from one another. That's how Corporations work.