cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Who requested BT to disconnect my line

Go to solution

I have been a Virgin media customer since 2016 and I was out of a fixed term contract for 1.5 years. In July 2020 I planned to move to EE but on the day of switching there were connections issues so I cancelled the order with EE.

I spoke with Virgin Media on 30.07.2020 and set up a new cheaper plan with them. EE confirmed that the new installation was cancelled.

On my latest VM bill I am being charged £105.95 for coming out of contract and having my landline disconnected with them. After MANY hours on line and on the phone VM have finally confirmed that BT requested a disconnection on 25.08.2020.

EE state it has nothing to do with them and surprise surprise so do VM. I now also have no landline. BT say it is Openreach I should contact but they have no call centres open for this type of issue.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as to how I can find out who made the request to VM on 25.08.2020 as they are "unable" to tell me

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Who requested BT to disconnect my line

Go to solution

@LOUISEM 

It would have been EE who requested the disconnection as you wanted to transfer to them. Cancelling at the last minute would not have stopped VM from ceasing your circuit at their request, as they are two separate networks.

Its nothing to do with BT Retail who run this forum, as your contract is with Virgin Media.

As you have moved back to VM, then they should waive any cancellation charges.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Who requested BT to disconnect my line

Go to solution

@LOUISEMwrote:

on the day of switching there were connections issues so I cancelled the order with EE.

You were past the point of no return, It's typically before 12pm the day before the switch, if the switch was a Monday then it would be the previous Friday, it goes off working days.
On the day of activation wasn't enough time to cancel with the suppliers.