cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Why can I not get Fibre to the house when the exchange in my area has the ability to deliver it

Go to solution

Hi

Would someone be able to offer me advice as to why I can not get Fibre connected to my house in Manchester. Checking on the website the local exchange (a 3 minute walk from my house) has the ability to offer the service yet when checking the packages available Broadband is the only option. Having spoken to Plusnet my broadband provider they cannot offer any other options due to the infrastructure not being in place. Anyone had similar problems?

Having checked on the fibre coverage it states my road/area is covered..

Thanks

MikeWiggins75

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why can I not get Fibre to the house when the exchange in my area has the ability to deliver it

Go to solution

FTTP does not come from the exchange

enter phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

you need to take this up with Plusnet as this is a BT Retail customer help customer forum and no connection to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Re: Why can I not get Fibre to the house when the exchange in my area has the ability to deliver it

Go to solution

Appreciate the link, spoken to PlusNet - they can't do anything...

Having checked FTTP availability it states:

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme. - where do I go to the progress of this?...

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

can you post the actual results please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Telephone Number XXXXXXXX on Exchange Whitefield
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 22.5--22 to 23.5AvailableAvailable--
Up to 22.5Up to 1.522 to 23.5AvailableAvailable--
Up to 7.5--7 to 8AvailableAvailable--
2----AvailableAvailable--
2----Available----
Observed Speeds ADSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2020-11-23
Other Offerings Availability DateADSL Multicast
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
N
N
09-12-2020
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly  any recommendations / thoughts about the results ? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

You really need to post on the Plusnet community forum.

Plusnet Forum - Index | Community Site

Someone there may have some more information, as its  Openreach not BT Retail that provide the network.

This forum is for BT Retail customers only.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

From what you have posted you are connected direct to the exchange not a cabinet and must be very near exchange hence your excellent adsl speed   Obviously you have benefited with such a great connection but unfortunately paying the penalty as you need to connect to a cabinet for FTTC

you need to raise with Plusnet but in the end it us totally up to openreach

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks for your help @Keith_Beddoe its really appreciated , have a good Christmas 

0 Ratings