cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Will a 5 day hotspot pass be sufficient?

Hi guys, hope you’re all well.

im waiting for my broadband to be installed (another company not BT) and I was thinking of purchasing the 5 day pass. However, it says if I use it on 2 devices or more the minutes will decrease? Does that mean if I use it on my phone and my laptop, it won’t last me 5 days?? 

can someone please explain more. I’ll be using it for social media only on my phone and perhaps watching shows on my laptop.

if I use it purely on my phone will it last me longer?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Will a 5 day pass be sufficient?

im waiting for my broadband to be installed (another company not BT) and I was thinking of purchasing the 5 day pass. However, it says if I use it on 2 devices or more the minutes will decrease? Does that mean if I use it on my phone and my laptop, it won’t last me 5 days?? 

can someone please explain more. I’ll be using it for social media only on my phone and perhaps watching shows on my laptop.

thanks

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Re: Will a 5 day hotspot pass be sufficient?

@inushka20 wrote:

thanks

How long is a piece of string. It depends what you will be doing. If you are only browsing the web or sending emails it will last you a lot longer than if you are streaming videos or downloading files. 

If you are only using one device at a time it is what you are doing on that device that counts . If you are using two devices it is what you are doing on both devices that counts.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Re: Will a 5 day pass be sufficient?

Hi @inushka20. You can connect up to three devices at any one time, but you will consume the minutes at three times the rate. For example, if three devices are used concurrently with a 1 hour voucher, then the 60 minutes will only last for 20 minutes.

The 5 day voucher is effectively for 7200 mins of access so if you access the service on two devices at the same time the mins will run out sooner. I hope that makes sense?

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

Are you sure you have btwifi access locally before you purchase a voucher? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Hi @NeilO thank you for your response. I understand - so if it’ll just be using it so won’t be at the same time. If I stream videos etc on my laptop then sign out of that device then go to my phone, would it be more efficient or does that count as using two devices at the same time? Thank you

Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

@inushka20, Good stuff, if you're only signed into one device at a time then it will make the mins last longer.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Thank you @NeilO  sorry to be a huge pain but my last question is - to sign off a device in order to save minutes, is that basically to turn WiFi off? So if I want to use my laptop instead I’d turn my phone’s WiFi off right? Again thank you so much and sorry

Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

@inushka20 yeah turning off the wifi on the device will log it out. There should also be options to log out on the bt wifi webpage that you login on.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

@NeilO thank you you have made my day and saved me much time in figuring out the 5 day pass. Hope you have a lovely weekend