Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themancunian
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Worst experience of customer service in my life

Hello

Please give me a moment to explain why im extremely unhappy.

I work for an alternative provider so i have a level of expectations, nothing unrealistic or anything i wouldnt or couldnt do myself.

I First ordered bt fibre a few months back and the activation went fine, no isses, but i did experience massive internet connection drops and had major issues with internal networking through the hub5, this were issues i did not experience with my previous isp.

When i called up to cancel as i couldnt handle the constant disconnects no one ever answered the phone to me, i had moments of constant ringing for 20  mins with no answers. Eventually i had enough and cancelled by DD and bt soon enough rang me then. I expressed my desirte to cancel my contract, i was just out of the 14 day period to be told i could not. I was told that if i wanted extra help on making the hub5 work i would have to pay the £8 a month to talk to the super techs to fix their hub5, obviously this got me excited and i refused.

I continued to stay with bt as i wasnt prepared to pay over 300 pound to disconnect.

A month later i was moving house. I rang up to book my home move to be told it would be a 3 week wait. I thought fair enough. I was moving into a new build property which has never had a line in it before, I was told i would have to have the normal bb first and then i woul dhave to ring back to book in to get fibre.

I initially rang in on the 2nd of october to book in the home move, the 23rd of october was my activation date, i was told an engineer would come between 8-1, and i will recieve a call before hand off the engineer. I was also told i would get a phone call off bt within 3 working days to see about moving the date on install up. Neither phone call happened.

23rd had arrive, I took the day of work to be in for the engineer. NO engineer attended my property, and at 5 pm i decided to ring bt as had not had any contact from anyone. BT informed me that the engineer did not need to attend my house and could do a remote activation. I was not happy with this as i had lost a full days pay. I was told allow up till midnight for my services to activate.,

24th oct, no services, no phone or bb. I ring BT to be told that ACTUALLY the engineer couldnt do the job because of some problem in the exchange.

I was given a new datw which really frustrated me. 3 more days. I was livid, I expressed that i wanted bt to call into the team manager who manages engineers in my area and have the job brought forward and to take ownership of the situation. Something i would do in my place of work and something i have done in my place of work. IT is possible, just requires the question to be asked. I was declined this saying it wasnt possible.

3 days later an engineer arrived and had to come into my property to do some wiring which goes to show the first engineer just blantantly lied.  The second engineer went to the exchange and then found out, im wired up to the wrong exchange and he would need to escalate this to bt to get another engineer to come and resolve this issue. The current engineer was a contractor company.

Later on in the night, my internet became active so i was releived an though finally, im when im supposed to be.

Roll on the next day 28th, I ring bt and ask to have Fibre put in my home, im told yes, no problem and they give me a date of 11th nov, 2 weeks. So far my journey to have what i had in my previous home into my new home is over 5 weeks.

On the 28th oct i was told i wouldn't need to be home and remote actvate would be all thats needed.

11th nov had arrived. Waited..... waited.....

12th Nov i have to ring BT again as no one again rang me and they explained to me the order has been delayed, im extremely annoyed by this as you can imagine. Im given a new date of 16th november, i have lost faith in bt as a provider already by now and i highly doubted the 16th would be a good day.

17th november i have to ring back into bt to be told its been delayed and that it would be the 18th november. Again im frusrtated and again im highly doubtful of bt's ability to hold up their end of the agreement.

19th november yesterday, I had to riung BT again as no one had rang me, im given another date of the 23rd of November.

At this point i want to cancel as i feel BT are in breach of their own tos and have failed me asa  company. I have been passed from department to department, ive had the phone put down on me 3 times, ive raised 3 complaints, ive had 1 phone call back which they put the phone down as soon as i have answered. I have approached @btcare on twitter an quite frankly, waste of time. I'm fed up of being told to contact bt, why cant bt contact me ?

Im told i cannot cancel as their is an open order and a complaint. I apologised too more than given solutions, apologies mean othing to me after hearing them 10's of times over.

Disgraceful company. Your NPS will suffer for this. I have already started to take action in reporting to OFCOM and i will also be approaching watchdog.

I dont want apologies. I want what i was told i would get when i was told i would get it.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Worst experience of customer service in my life

Hi themancunian,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with this. At this point your best bet would be to contact out online orders team. They're UK based and will own the complaint until resolution. I'll drop you a message now with a link where you can live chat them. Onmce you've done that please post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
themancunian
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Hello whilst I appreciate your response. I'm working atm sorting out my customers. I can take phone calls but I can't do a live chat. I'd appreciate a phone call as you can see from my above post. I have a huge problem always having to be the one who makes contact for my suppliers errors.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Are you a business customer? You mentioned about customers.

If you are, then you are posting on the wrong forum, and the BT employees on here will not be able to help you.

themancunian
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

No I'm not. I work for your competitor
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

@themancunian wrote:
No I'm not. I work for your competitor

I am just a BT customer and do not work for BT. I was only making sure you were on the right forum, as there is a separate one for business customers, and sometimes we get people posting on the wrong forum Smiley Wink

Bear in mind it can take a long time to get service on new builds, especially if Openreach have not yet completed the infrastructure. This would apply to all service providers that rely on Openreach.

themancunian
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

It's all in place. I'm the last to move into this new build. It's not newly acquired land that's been developed on. It's just a row of houses that got flattened and rebuilt. The lies and false promises and extreme lack of ownership is what stands out here. I'm a field based engineer and I move mountains for my employers customers. I expect the same.
themancunian
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Home from work now.

been stuck with this for the last 15 minutes now. Does anyone actually work here ?

https://gyazo.com/a12ed13c23caac3afad4c3b640314611

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Look at your private message from DavidM, who is a BT employee.

https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

themancunian
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

I already have, ive been waiting for a while now. Again this shows the incompetance of BT