cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CritchleySC
Message 1 of 10

Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet.

My current download speed is 2.2 mbps at my home and when I enquire to open reach about upgrading to fibre optic it says Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. a house 10 meters down the road with a different postcode is eligible for fibre optic and my house isn't, I>m just wondering if there is anyway for my home to become eligible for this. If anyone can offer any help or solutions in who to contact to try and resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet.

@CritchleySC 

Who provides your phone and broadband service?

Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Re: Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet.

It could be a capacity issue at the cabinet (either a general limitation or quotas assigned to certain service providers).

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

@Longshanks0511 

there is no quota issue it is simply first come first served regardless of ISP.  maybe cab is full

need to know if BT customer and not another ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CritchleySC
Message 5 of 10

Sky at the moment but I am looking to change over to BT. However neither sky or BT can provide my home with fibre optic when I enter my postcode
CritchleySC
Message 6 of 10

do you have any further insight in how I would go about resolving this?
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@CritchleySC 

As this is a BT Retail forum, and all ISPs have the same access to the cabinet, then if Sky cannot provide service, then it will be the same for BT Retail.

This forum can only help if you have a BT Retail phone number.

BT Retail have nothing to do with Openreach.

CritchleySC
Message 8 of 10

Currently a sky customer but looking to change over to BT if I can improve the internet speed I currently get.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

as @Keith_Beddoe  posted if SKY cannot provide a fibre connection then neither can BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

@CritchleySC wrote:
Currently a sky customer but looking to change over to BT if I can improve the internet speed I currently get.

Its the same network, so the answer would be no.

The exception to this would be FTTP (Fibre To The Premises), as Sky do not sell it, however Openreach would have told you if that was available, as they provide the network.