cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

blocked wifi

Hi there I need someone to verify if my stepdad has made a fake copy of a BT engineer report please! My wifi gets blocked nearly for months at a time nearly every few months and says its not him. It's upset me and angered me if his making it all up to try and make me look bad to my mother I have the photo he sent my mom to say its a BT report but I circled loads of spelling mistakes on it! please get back to me ASAP this needs to be resolved 

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: blocked wifi

Wifi can only be blocked by the Hub Administrator. Would this happen to be stepdad? You don't mention whether anyone else in the household can use wifi.

For example, does your Mum's phone connect to wifi?

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Hi there his the only one with the access controls on his phone and laptop yes everyone elese devices connect perfectly its a joke I need someone to take a look at the engineer report he sent my mom last night asap 

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

I’m not aware of engineers reports but it sounds suspicious. It is possible to block phones via WiFi. Simple test would be to do a factory reset and if you can connect. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Hi there my stepdad has factory reset my phone and wifi multiple times and it works for a few days even weeks then comes up bt access controls has blocked your internet use,and he says its because of websites I've been on or virused apps ect I just need an expert to tell me if his doing all this so I have proof to show my mother its gone on for nearly 3 years now on and off its tiring and im 27yrs old its pathetic

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

If using the supplied BT Smart Hub or BT Home Hub, factory reset it and connect using the default details on the back (or bottom) of the hub. 

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 19

I’ve never had a written report from any engineer before. but I’ll let others confirm or reject that. 
can you post screenshots or the report and blocking messages

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

IMG-20200831-WA0004.jpg

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Hi i have posted the bt engineer report he sent my mother last night and circled loads of spelling mistakes on the next photo I post

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

aviary-image-1598917960669.jpeg