Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: blocked wifi

I think you need to speak to your stepdad and mother.

Regardless of whether or not the letter is a fake , if he is the person that pays the bills it is entirely up to him if he want to block your access to the Internet.

It is not a matter for this forum.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 19

Hi @Ac1993,

This really is one strange situation but as has been mentioned before the account holder can really do what they want and restrict who they want from their connection.

The letter, however, is 100% fake.

1. Openreach supplies the engineers so the BT logo wouldn't be used.
  2. Openreach doesn't provide customers with an engineer report.
  3. Openreach are only responsible for the network and wouldn't complete checks on website accessed etc. I don't even think that BT Consumer are able to view the types of websites you have viewed. Bound to be covered under some sort of privacy law. 
  4. Even the reference "File no" is wrong as Openreach would use the reference number they have for your connection.

The error message you are getting "bt access controls has blocked your internet use" tells you that access has been blocked by BT Access Controls which are controls set up by the hub admin. 

I think it's time you had a conversation with both tbh.

SP

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

I suspect that a young person is hoping the forum members will blindly assist in giving information how to get around access controls and his step father preventing him/her from using the Internet.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 19

@gg30340

I have edited my post, actually didn't think of that. 

SP

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 19

Hi you have suspected wrong there my friend I am 27years old I promise that thats why this situation is actually laughable and pathetic my stepdad is a control freak and my mom is scared to say anything to him long as the letters 100% fake then I have solid proof to speak to them both about this ridiculous situation.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Of course we only have your say so that you are 27 years old but in any event it is not a matter for this forum.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 19

Hi he doesnt pay the bills my mother does and I pay rent which covers my wifi usage 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Granted so but I wouldn't lie so if it isn't a matter for this forum who should I seek help from mr smart alex? I am an adult and this simply shouldn't be going on all I needed was proof that my stepdad has made a fake BT letter which is fraud and bang out of order!

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

My name is not alex!!

How is it fraud? He is not gaining anything. If you believe it to be fraud contact the Police and I'm sure they will keep you right.

If you want to know if it is genuine or not contact the company that it purports to be from, not a BT residential customer to customer forum.