Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
LAK
Aspiring Contributor

changing password on bt yahoo

When I try to change my password on my talk21 account the message 'having trouble matching the email and password you've entered'. Frustrating as I am able to sign in. With remote help from the BT call centre I was able to change my password to one they gave me. They were not able to change the password on the account page. Two friends have had their BT email compromised and it concerns me that should I have a problem the change your password option is not possible for me unless I go through the call centre. Online tech help are not able to help. What can I do?

Distinguished Guru

Re: changing password on bt yahoo

Not sure if this will work, but try logging in using xxx@btinternet.com instead of the talk 21 domain. (The obsolete BT email addresses do not work with some products (eg free BT Wi-Fi) even though they're interchangeable for email purposes.)

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
LAK
Aspiring Contributor

Re: changing password on bt yahoo

Thank you for your reply however my @btinternet.com account is set up with another password and the bt talk21 is the account I email from and therefore the one that will be compromised/hacked. I also am unable to alter my bt account log in details. When I try to change the security details the message yet again is basically 'having trouble matching the password you have mentioned'. In order for remote help from a call centre the answer to the security question was accepted however not on the bt account page . None of this fills me with confidence and despite being a bt customer for many years I am beginning to look at other options. There is something seriously wrong if I can't change passwords.