cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 74

Re: how to make a formal complaint

Go to solution

Hi malcolmjc,

Thanks for posting. I've replied on your new topic thread. I'm sorry you want to complain but I'm sure I'll be able to help you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Duncle
Message 62 of 74

Go to solution

The worst customer service I have ever experienced.  Made a appointment for engineer in early Febuary but nobody turned up ( no surprise) but, I was told the reason was "he" was sick!  I was surprised they had only one and was upset that nobody called me and i missed a day from work.  I was told that the sick engineer Had got out his sick bed and called me!!!!

I told the complaints department that I had trouble believing the story and if it was true it breached data protection as the engineer should not be taking home my details.

My friends that was just the start of this game of thrones.

I have just been shouted at and had the phone hanged up on me by a senior complaints manager (Krishna 14.45) who rather than being the bringer of light was a totally bully who did not think I was entitled to compensation, compassion. or to speak to someone senior.  When I called back to complain about being treated like scum by Krishna, I was told that as I had an ongoing complaint I could not raise another?  I tried to tell "Dan Veer" that it was not my fault I had another complaint, it was just BT had many things going wrong.

IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING TAKING SERVICES FROM THIS MICKEY MOUSE SHELL OF WHAT USED TO BE A BRITISH SYMBOL OF PRIDE......RUN AWAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN.  NO INTERNET PROVIDER CAN BE AS BAD AS THIS!!

THEY JUST DO NOT CARE!!   ITS NOT BECAUSE THE CALL CENTRE IS IN INDIA PEOPLE!!!....CALL AMAZON AND YOU WILL SEE!!!!   THIS IS A COMPANY ISSUE!!  THIS IS A COMPANY THAT DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!!  IF IN DOUBT  READ THE POSTS OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO RESOLVE THEIR ISSUES AND ARE TOLD TO GO BACK TO THE SAME CONFUSING ROUNDABOUT CALLED THE BT COMPLAINT SECTION.

Message 63 of 74

Go to solution

Hi Duncle,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had in getting your complaint resolved. I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. 

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Clinton2
Message 64 of 74

BT - Terrible customer service

Go to solution

Today I tried to set up parental controls on my BT broadband online, the intructions were simple, but do not work. 

After, three hours of waiting on the phone and talking to four different BT representatives in India I have made no progress.

The first call took 35 minutes to be anwswered, the representaives english was poor and understanding of the problem limited, after 20 minutes of trying to help he said he would put me through to someone else - more music and then I got disconnected after waiting another 30 minutes. 

This pattern continued with further calls, long waiting times, discussions with poorly trained staff who speak limited english.

Every time the representative would assure me that they would put me through to the parental controls team, but each I would get to someone from a broadband team who was unable to help.

BT are a shambles, I am going to do some research and find a company with better customer service. 

dettoraki
Message 65 of 74

Go to solution

I cannot believe how unhelpful and dismissive these people are: this morning a gentleman refused to deal with the problem because he claimed the name on the account he was looking at was not the name I gave him, despite no problem like this arising during my FIRST complaint--first regarding THIS problem.  This is the third at least; I gave him my name, address, account number and STILL he refused to help, doubly discourteous as I am PAYING for this miserable service; he would not give me an address to send a complaint to, only a number which turned out to be the one I had already used to contact him in the first place; a lady then dealt with the complaint and told me to take the computer to a shop;  I could understand very little of what she said as her accent was so strong (I have no problem with accents unless they interfere with communication--if you cannot speak intelligibly, you should not be dealing with the public).  The 'service' I have received is rotten and disrespectful and I would still like to find an overland address as they seem to ignore every other sort of communication;  do they really WANT to keep customers, to spread a good reputation?

Further, when I asked the gentleman for his name in order to complain about his attitude he told me it was ''Sayid' and would not elaborate; it may as well have been John Smith or Bottomless Obfuscation

Message 66 of 74

Go to solution

Hi @dettoraki,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you've had such a bad experience. I'm sure we can help you. Can you comfirm what the specific issue you're having is? Are you having broadband problems? Do you have a line fault? If you can give as much detail as posible I'm sure we'll be able to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
dettoraki
Message 67 of 74

Go to solution

DavidM--

no internet connection for two weeks:  cables checked, changed; television checked, okay; impossible to get any response from telephone conversations with bt representatives, 

Message 68 of 74

Go to solution

HI @dettoraki,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having poblems please drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Davykd
Message 69 of 74

Go to solution

I am disgusted with the Customer service of BT!

Time and time again they are very unhelpful and unsympathetic to your situation.

its always the customers fault and there is no ownership from the call handlers!

i have been hung up on 3 times today!

they make a mistake cut my line and decide that they dont want to deal with it or speak to me so hang up!!

its disgusting i wouldnt reccommend BT to anyone and i would like to make a formal complaint please can someone advise me of head office address to write to.

im debating weather to go to the finacial ombusman.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 74

Go to solution

The BT Head Office address is Bt Centre, 81 Newgate Street, LONDON, EC1A 7AJ. If you are going to contact the ombudsman I would suggest you contact the Communications Ombudsman who will deal with it better than the Financial Ombudsman however the ombudsman will only deal with complaints after you have gone through BT's complaints procedure and received a deadlock letter.