Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kuching40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 74

how to make a formal complaint

Go to solution

Hi does anyone know how to go about making a formal compliant I have contacted the complaints department an Irish man who delt with me was both verbally aggressive and rude he also refused to give me information on how  to go further with my problem. I really have all can stand with BT my service which includes phone line broadband and BT vision constantly breaks down with long periods of time before they are fixed with the most appalling service from BT from  the "Help lines" who have little clue of customer care they have a take it or leave it attitude,well there you go I hope someone can give me some info please regards Mel

73 REPLIES 73
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 74

Re: how to make a formal complaint

Go to solution

Hi kuching40

I'll be happy to have a look into this for you and get everything sorted out.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send using the contact us form in my profile under the 'about me' section.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ABC1234
Contributor
Message 3 of 74

Go to solution

If you want to make a formal complaint as you say, I'm not sure why anyone would think you wanted to do something else, then the form is actually on: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/2702,2706

If you want forum support/contact a moderator then yeah, above instructions are correct ( http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 ), but not for a formal complaint, at least that is what BT's own website says?

swarren
Beginner
Message 4 of 74

Go to solution

The complaints procedure doesn't work. I've raised telephone complaints four times, sent three letters and numerous emails. I've also used Twitter to get attention which led to the social media officer requesitng electronic versions of my letters. She said she's sent them to the correct team but I hold no hope. BT are the worst at customer service. Have never had such a terrible experience. I also wrote directly to Nigel Stagg MD but got no response at all. I'm just shocked at the treatment. STILLLL NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 74

Go to solution

Hi Swarren,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. I would like to take a look at your complaint as I am sure I can help. Please could you send me in your details using the link found in the "about me" section of my profile?

Thanks

Paddy,

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Tags (1)
mjcsystems
Beginner
Message 6 of 74

Go to solution

I am absolutely disgusted at the service and customer support received from bt! I am sorry but how can a company called British telecom's have the bulk of their customer support based in India? We switched back to bt 3 months ago on moving home and as yet have received appalling customer support, most of the time our broadband speed is below 500 kbs yet when we agreed to take up bt we were told would be 3.6mbs. We have been through faults procedure several times and been through all the same rigermeroll each time and when asked to speak to a supervisor , 'they are all busy' !!! We have been transferred to options team to cancel our account as my mobile phone is more reliable to be told even though they are unable to clearly provide the service we are paying for if I wish to cancel they will charge me for it ! I have no faith left in this outfit and will be therefore seeking legal advice.

Message 7 of 74

Go to solution

Hi Mjcsystems

Sounds like you have had a really horrible experience with your BT Services.

I can help in sorting your service issues. Send me an email using the contact us address in my profile the web address can be copied from the section 'about me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
jcampy
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 74

Go to solution

The get out clause is that your estimated that speed they in no way guarantee  it

Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 74

Go to solution

The trouble is the form gets a reply from the same call centre as everything else.

I have found the only way to get a real reply is to send a recorded delivery letter to the chairman at the registered head office address. You will not get a reply from the chairman but a senior manager uaually cantacts you and even sometimes can resolve the problem.

Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 74

Go to solution

Hi Bob1001

The contact form the Mod team have under our profile sends your enquiry to our Mod team inbox.  The reply you get will be from one of us.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.