Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 74

Re: how to make a formal complaint

Go to solution

True and you have been a great help in the past, but to contact senior management I have found a letter works best. never used to be a problem when I worked for BT just phoned Ian Vallance on his direct line.

Corbo87
Message 12 of 74

Go to solution
@ kuching40, just be aware that BT are just like all of the other rubbish broadband companies, just after your money. I eventually got a call back from the complaints department about a week later but they did absulotely nothing! They too just hid behind the terms and conditions! They passed it to the Tier two complaints team how didn't even call me! They just got the first complaints guy to call me back and say they're not going to do anything with it either!! Yes it's in your terms and conditions but that doesn't make it right!! Note to BT, sneaky hide charges is why you losing customers! I don't know about you but I am telling everyone I know about how poor BT's customer service really is!! I wanted to cancel the contract as money is tight at the moment and good old have found a way of penalising you for leaving!! So a note to everyone reading this, BT have a sneaky hidden charge of £30 to cancel you broadband if your simply cancelling it not moving it to another supplier!! Regards another unhappy BT customer Alex
da33ler1973
Beginner
Message 13 of 74

Go to solution

I am extremely disappointed by the level of service received in the past week by BT.

It has been a week now that i have been without Internet. I only get my line through BT and the internet via another source. There apparently was a fault with my line which i reported on the 16th of August 2012 in the evening. I was upset that i was told it would take three working days to sort even though i explained to the advisor that my wife had only just got home from having twins within the last week and the internet was desperately needed. The three days i could not do anything about. I was also told by the advisor that the fault was with BT equipment outside my property.

On the 20th of August 2012 a BT engineer called, knocking the door very loudly, not onlt disturbing my wife but waking and upsetting my newborn twins.

He was shown the box inside, went outside carried out some work, left after expaling all done and my internet equipement needed resetting. I received a text saying all complete. I tried resetting the equipment in the evening and it still does not work, there is no "internet" light coming up on my router despite changing filters & even routers.

So i phoned my ISP who tried to test my line but was rejected because BT had not yet cleared the logged fault.

I tried to contact BT later that evening but gave up after constantly being on hold to India!!!!!!!!!!! (thats another experience speaking to another country who's BT representatives appear to read only from a script)

Contacted BT again, 09:00, 21st August via my ISP, i have now been told a BT advisor will speak to their engineers and ring me back within 2 - 3 hours. I sit in hope.....

To date i have been inconvenienced by aggrovation, out of pocket for having to use my mobile via internet, paid for a line for which i cannot use and having to explain the gravity of th esituation to a person with broken English thousands of miles away.

Guru
Message 14 of 74

Go to solution
While I can appreciate your frustration, you should be contacting your ISP not BT. Your ISP may well use Openreach to repair/maintain your line but it is your ISP's responsibity to make sure the repair is carried out and any compensation to be paid.

Talk to your ISP.
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 74

Go to solution
Totally correct StewM it is the posters ISP that should be dealing with Openreach it is not a BT Retail problem
da33ler1973
Beginner
Message 16 of 74

Go to solution
StewM & john 46. Thanks for your responses however if you care to read my post the fault lies with BT. Originally BT admitted the fault, tried to repair but is still happening. My ISP cannot do anything even after the fault has apparently been repaired because the original fault has not been lifted from the BT system stopping my ISP from testing the line.
Appreciate i cannot put all the details down but fault still lies with BT. Customer service is slow, left on hold for up to 25 minutes before even speaking to an advisor.
Guru
Message 17 of 74

Go to solution
If it is BT's fault (I presume your ISP told you that?), then it still is your ISP responsibity to contact Openreach, not yours.

Perhaps that's why you are getting nowhere.
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 74

Go to solution
Totally correct stewm if the fault is broadband related then the correct procedure is tocontact your ISP and they will dal with getting Openreach out if however it is a voice line problem and you are a BT retail phone user then you need to contact BT faults on 080800151
IGibson67
Message 19 of 74

Go to solution

Hi. Looks as though whatever you do the only way you can get a complaint sorted through BT is to go on this forum to shame them in full view of the general public. I have had 8 weeks of hell with my phone line being of poor sound quality and this affecting my broadband speed as well. I dream of 0800 111 4567 (nightmares really). Every time I ring this number and get India "PIPEX" or whoever it is now I get the same script, there is no fault on your line (even though everyone even them can hear the crackling), switch off this, reset that, hang on while we adjust your profile, all leading to the same conclusion no-one has the knowledge or the want to handle my problem. I have even tried to explain the findings of an engineer visit and been told to "shut up" and let them talk. WHO IS THE CUSTOMER HERE!!!!!!!!!!! I have had three Openreach engineers who seem to have sorted the problem and within 24 hours back to square one, same problem again. The last engineer heard the crackling line, seemed to sort it, promised 3.2 mbps and the most I got was 1.6 The day after the exchange appeared to have a meltdown, no internet for 2 days and when it came back up 0.125. Dial up is faster than this!!!!!! Lodged another complaint via email and again got response from India "sorry you've had a problem someone will be ringing you at 6pm" and I replied "not prepared to have any further correspondence with India as they are no help and rude and requested a English call back". Received reply stating "when they ring at 6pm ask to speak to English desk". Well waited for the call and no one has bothered to call. What a surprise!!!!! I have also stated I am refusing to pay my o/s bill and future bills until this is sorted. Oh please cut me off so I can report you freely to OFCOM. I dont feel I can go any further with this without going to the regulator. If there is a moderator out there who can do any better then please contact me so I can PM.  Regards Ian.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 74

Go to solution

Please avoid double-posting as it causes confusion. As advised on your own thread, the mods can be contacted here: BT Care Team.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.