Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilipAthony
Beginner
Message 21 of 74

Re: how to make a formal complaint

Go to solution

The deal looked good when the woman sold it to me on the phone, but when I rase a issue about the speeds.

After 3 weeks of looking in to the problem, I was told "We dont have to give you what we said we would" and "Im goning to close the fault, as nothing is wrong"

My option 1 infinity was a good service, I upgraded to option 2 and ended up with a slower connection than on option 1.

The BT Vision iplayer wont stream any content and it only shows about 10% of the programs on the web versions of catchup, which I  was told I would get "All of that for free"

Just registered a domain and will be setting up a ANti BT type forum to post all the negative stuff about bt.

If andone is intrested in contributing email me: *not allowed*

deano_uk
Contributor
Message 22 of 74

Go to solution

@PhilipAthony wrote:

The deal looked good when the woman sold it to me on the phone, but when I rase a issue about the speeds.

After 3 weeks of looking in to the problem, I was told "We dont have to give you what we said we would" and "Im goning to close the fault, as nothing is wrong"

My option 1 infinity was a good service, I upgraded to option 2 and ended up with a slower connection than on option 1.

The BT Vision iplayer wont stream any content and it only shows about 10% of the programs on the web versions of catchup, which I  was told I would get "All of that for free"

Just registered a domain and will be setting up a ANti BT type forum to post all the negative stuff about bt.

If andone is intrested in contributing email me: *not allowed*

hi,

can i ask you what is the point in spending money on a domain name and hosting to set up an anti bt website forum?

instead of this it may be worth your while pursuing a claim against BT for lack of service, cost of calls, amount of time you have spent trying to sort things out etc etc...

under the data protection act you are entitled to have all information a company has about you.   this is known as a subject access request. 

Your phone call conversation where BT said: ""We dont have to give you what we said we would" would be valuable evidence if you decide to pursue a claim against them! 

stoil
Message 23 of 74

Go to solution

Hi,

I've read this whole thread, but no one actually posted a way to make a formal complaint. I have been without a phone line and broadband since Sunday 9th Dec, and BT have been wasting time and lying to me outright on the phone, we now cant get an engineer out until the 17th Dec.

Have been in touch with offcom, but would like to lodge a formal complaint as well.

Where is the best page to do that?

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 74

Go to solution

Contact BT at the bottom of this page then "Complaints and compliments".

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
forbesk
Contributor
Message 25 of 74

Go to solution

"I'll be happy to have a look into this for you and get everything sorted out.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send using the contact us form in my profile under the 'about me' section.

Thx

Craig"

My message to anyone unhappy with BT is not to waste your time with these moderators offering to fix your problems. My experience has been that these people are no better than BT "customer services" or BT complaints. The moderators just offer up the same feeble excuses, insincere apologies and downright lies. 

If you have a complaint make it formal as soon as possible. BT design their complaints process to be as slow as possible in the hope of wearing you down and obstructing you getting to OFCOM.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 74

Go to solution

@forbesk wrote:

My message to anyone unhappy with BT is not to waste your time with these moderators offering to fix your problems. 

Well, that's your feet well and truly stamped; hope you feel better now. The collective experience of others is quite different from yours. A sensible person will ignore your rant of one individual and find out for themselves.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
forbesk
Contributor
Message 27 of 74

Go to solution

Pottyperson, well  chosen name.

Do I feel better now? Well here I am now, 50 days without phone or broadband due to BT incompetence, I've  been lied to and insulted by BT staff on countless occasions, I've had money taken from my account by BT for a service they do not supply me with.

Tell me if you were in my shoes would you feel better through simply given people honest advice on a forum?

Yes I am an individual, and quite clearly BT believe they can treat me with contempt.

rabbitrabbit
Contributor
Message 28 of 74

Go to solution

Why does potty person keep interfering ,its not as though he is helpfull or constructive ,he just seems to get off degrading and insulting people that have genuine complaints .

forbesk
Contributor
Message 29 of 74

Go to solution

I know he will claim otherwise but my suspicion is that he is paid by BT. I'm very suspicious of all the BT fan-boys on here, in real life I never hear anyone with a good word to say about BT.

Guru
Message 30 of 74

Go to solution

@forbesk wrote:

I know he will claim otherwise but my suspicion is that he is paid by BT. I'm very suspicious of all the BT fan-boys on here, in real life I never hear anyone with a good word to say about BT.

That's because most people have a negative attitute, it's the same with anything you always here about bad news as good news is never really spoken about. The aim of this forum is to help customers who are having problems, so it is only normal to have a forum full of complaints.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.